help with Mexican meal pretty please!

Options
kittyr77
kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
Hi
im going out for a Mexican meal with friends tonight. My daily calorie allowance is 1200 plus i tend to eat around half my exercise carries, which means today a 1400 kcal total.
Any thoughts on what i could choose for around 800 kcal for dinner?
I don't drink alcohol so thats not an issue and mainly drink water.
I've no idea what to order.
Its a local family run place at bottom of my street.
Thanks!

Replies

• lafresita
    Options
    How about a 'naked' burrito (I.e. no tortilla) ask them to hold the cheese and sour cream and put the guacamole on the side so that you can just eat a little bit....
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ok so Ive seen the menu, how healthy does this sound?

Tequila, chilli, garlic and coriander marinated fish of the day, oven baked and topped with fresh guacamole - served with rice OR patatas bravas & tortillas OR bread

BUT would ask for a side of sweet potato and coriander mash instead of the sides offered above.

Calorie estimate anyone? I know thats hard not knowing portion sizes but portions here in the UK are much smaller than US and Ive been to this restaurant before and the portions were similar to what I would make my husband for tea (not that big!)

Thanks! Eating out is such a stress when you've been on track for weeks, dont want to undo my hard work!
  • KSCarnivore
    Options
    If you look at Taco Bell's nutrition information as a comparison, you'll see that crunchy tacos are the lowest calorie choice, hold the sour cream and tread lightly with the cheese. Enjoy the salsa. Watch out for refried beans... while they are great for protein, they may be very high in fat. If whole beans are an option, that's usually a better choice. Look for grilled fish selections. To see Taco Bell's Nutrition Info: http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/information You can also see On the Border's Nutrition Information at http://www.ontheborder.com/PDFs/OTB_NutritionBW.pdf

I love Mexican food and like to order Chile Rellanos. This is a very high fat / high calorie choice, so I order it ala carte and skip the chips. I have to plan for this meal and conserve calories throughout the day to not ruin my game plan.