Breakfast ideas

Options
marthas3110
marthas3110 Posts: 21 Member
Hi guys

I'm sure this has been gone over and over (and I've posted in food and nutrition as well as not sure which board is the right one), but...

I work an office job where I am on the go a lot in the mornings, with not a lot of time to prepare a breakfast. I'd love to find some recipes that I could make batches of that I could then pick up a portion of each morning (eg healthy breakfast muffin or something?)

I don't want to rush my food down before I leave the house as I have an irritable bowel which is worst in the mornings and could mean me missing my bus, so I tend to leave the house without eating and eat at work, where there is only a microwave. I've had enough porridge as I can stand, esp in summer, and cereal bars seem to be calorific or not filling.

Any ideas/recipes very welcome :)

Thanks in advance

Martha

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    - greek yogurt with granola, nuts, berries (and if you're feeling decadent, a few chocolate chips)

- hard boiled eggs with fruit

- mini quiche cups you can cook ahead of time, freeze, and then just micro when you need em ... here's an example recipe (http://www.eggbeaters.com/recipes-Crustless-Ham-and-Swiss-Mini-Quiches-5510)

- blended shakes (see greenmonstermovement.com for awesome recipes)

- ground turkey with veggies & some cheese, again you can make this ahead of time

- protein pancakes!! (http://toneitup.com/blog.php?Protein-Pancakes-Low-carb-low-fat-and-delicious-1973/)

hope this helps ya! :)
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe!

Larger bowl: mix 1.25 cup flour, 1.5 cup oats, 1 tsp baking powder, .5 tsp baking soda, and .5 tsp ground cinnamon
    Medium bowl: mix 1 egg, .25 cup brown sugar, half a package of silken tofu, 1 cup unsweetened applesauce

Add medium bowl to the larger bowl and fold/mix. Then add 1.5 cups fruit (I use 1 cup blueberries and .5 cup raspberries). Or you could add veggies even.

Bake and enjoy! I don't pay much attention but probably 350 for 20 minutes? I take them out when they smell/look done (typical guy cooking technique I'm sure).

You can tinker with ingredients (add protein powder? ground flax? etc.), but it's a pretty good tasting and healthy muffin (and they freeze well).
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Do a search in the Community for "oatmeal cherry pie". I posted a very quick, easy, tasty oatmeal breakfast idea.
  • marthas3110
    marthas3110 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas - thanks a lot guys :)