When will I go down a size in ____?

Options
SW: 245 lbs
CW: 223 lbs
GW1: 200 lbs by January
Ultimate GW: 150-160 lbs

I've been a size 18 pants/XL top for as long as I can remember. There was a brief period when I could squeeze into a large top (I was around 210 lbs or so) but my pants have ALWAYS been an 18. True, they are roomier now after losing 20 lbs but I still can't go down a size. I'm hoping that at about 210 I can at least get into a size 16.
So, for the ladies 5'7 and taller in the 180-240 lb range, when did you notice a size change in your tops/bottoms?

Replies

• popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There is really no way to tell. Everyone loses weight in different areas. A lot of women complain that they lose from the top first, then it starts coming off on the lower half. I suspect this might be what is going on with you.

20 pounds is a great number! Congratulations! I'll bet you are close to going down in a size since you are probably smaller on top now and the body will be looking for somewhere else to lose from!

Hang in there and continued success!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It's really impossible to say because there are so many variables that are different from person to person, like frame size or body composition. You might want to take a look at this site; you put in your measurements and see what size you are in a bunch of different brands. If you play with it a bit, you can see how far you have to go measurement-wise to fit into a particular sort of clothes. It still won't give you a timeline, but it might give you something more solid to keep track of. http://sizes.darkgreener.com/
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 2 sizes down from a 20 to a 16 (UK)
  • afiggy
    afiggy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am stuck. Only lost 9 lbs after 5 weeks. the past four days i have been under my calorie count and i have gained 2 lbs. I am ready to give up....so frustrated!!!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It took me 20 pounds to drop a size. But I think it all depends on your body :)
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am at about the same place you are and I haven't lost a size either. I lost almost 40lbs and no change. Just a little looser. I think it means that we tend to lose weight all over and not just in one area. That is completely my hypothesis, but it has been the same my whole life.
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    The all over weight loss theory seems about right. According to my measurements, my torso is coming down (thighs a bit more so because I run) but not enough for a pants difference. Damn this jelly belly! I do have a pair of goal jeans (stated size 18 but suspiciously small-cut, closer to a 16) that I will try on every month until I can fasten them around the old tummy.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    After having 3 kids I have been complaining about my jiggly belly. Finally gave in and bought the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. It really works miracles on your tummy...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually shop at Kmart, so I went to their website and looked at the size guide. That told me exactly what my measurements need to be in order to wear my old pants that I have been hanging onto for a few years. I can't wait to go down a size. I also learned that the only reason that my size 24 pants have been fitting me for the past couple of years is because they contain 1% spandex, which made them stretchy. I have four more inches in my waist and three more in my hips to go. I'm hoping to get there in another month.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    pretty sure it is different with everyone... I was in a size 22-24 when I was 290 something, now I am 209 and in a size 14. I go threw bra's and underwear like crazy... I'm also in a large top now and I am 5'7
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am stuck. Only lost 9 lbs after 5 weeks. the past four days i have been under my calorie count and i have gained 2 lbs. I am ready to give up....so frustrated!!!
    don't give up. Add an extra workout (i don't add all the calories back in because i find most estimate over how much you burn anyways). Make sure you don't eat too few calories or aren't starving all the time. Get your lean proteins especially and it will start to happen. It took a few weeks to kick in, but now it is working finally! I started doing whey protein with unsweetened silk almond milk for my lunches with a side of sugar free jello and free cool whip and that seemed to get things going.
    Never skip breakfast either, that was a huge jump start! I like the oat revolution 100 calorie breakfast or honey nut cheerios with the almond milk. That and my cofffee with sugar free caramel syrup and almond milk seem to be my ace in the holes.
    Add a blow day every week where you can have a favorite meal and maybe a small desert or a few drinks (bud light 55 works great for my feeling fulflled). That way you will have a goal or a day to look forward to as well. Today I will be at a bday party with cheesecake and foods I don't normally make, next week the fair with gyros and after that there will be an adult camping/drinking weekend.
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    After having 3 kids I have been complaining about my jiggly belly. Finally gave in and bought the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. It really works miracles on your tummy...

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to look that up right now!
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options

I'm in the same boat. I've been consistent with calories, have LOADS of protein and no loss in two weeks (i gain/lose the same two pounds, which is basically nothing to me). I'm frustrated as well. I've been so busy lately that I haven't made it to the gym, but even with less calories....SOMETHING should change. I'm at less than HALF the calories I had each day that I was eating last year....and still not losing. Feel free to add me -- maybe we can motivate each other.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 - but not a single inch and not even the slightest change in how my clothes fit. Everyone is different but I'm guessing for me it'll be closer to 40 lbs down before I start needing new clothes.