Been fat all my life, would like to change! (UK)

Options
Hello good folks. So, all it is really, I'm just tired of being fat.

All I really plan on doing is sticking to my allowed calories, doing four 60 minute cycles a week and a couple of weights routines.

Nothing too exuberant there, just stick to the numbers and think about what I'm putting into my body.

I would dearly love to get outside on a bike. That's my aim!

Wish me luck nice folk!

Replies

• HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck! U can do it!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're a man with a plan. That's all you need really - a plan and the commitment to stick to it. :flowerforyou:
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Good luck but a word of warning, don't try to change everything at once it will most likely be too much to handle in one go. What worked for me was to maintain my diet as it was and gradually increase the amount of exercise i did until it became my normal daily routine.

At that point I then took a look at my diet.

Feel free to add me as a friend

Rich
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm sure you can do it! LIke someone else said, it can be good to make gradual lifestyle changes. For example in July I started logging all my food and promised myself I would have breakfast every day (I know this helps me with snacking YMMV), this month I'm being really strict about 5-a-day and I play squash once per week. Personally I have to take baby steps in order for change to be sustainable. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm in Scotland.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    hey sounds like a plan add me if you like also uk
  • ThreeKeys_
    ThreeKeys_ Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the messages and advice all.

In the past I've made ridiculously elaborate plans to try and get fit, I'm not putting too much pressure on myself. Just stay under calories and go to the gym after work a few times a week.

It's good reading through people's diaries and getting ideas for meals, I'm a pretty good cook but everything I cook has oil and cheese and chorizo and cream cheese and bucket fulls of pasta and mozarella and ALL OF THE HIGH IN CALORIE THINGS.

So yes, portion control is where it's at.
  • jojonuttytart
    Options
    I begin to get depressed when I realise all of my favourite foods are mega calorific. Why? It's like a cruel trick :(

I try and tell myself I love salad, and I do like it, but it's just not the same as a nice BBQ is it haha.

Just try and be aware, if you have lots of calories, make up for it in exercise and eventually the weight will come off x
  • ThreeKeys_
    ThreeKeys_ Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh I do fully understand you, but I think I've just been looking at it the wrong way. I mean, I just had a really beautiful lunch (Just chicken and veg) and I'm super full but normally I'd have had that meal with extra chicken, at least 50ml more oil and a metric ton of pasta all formed into some form of cream/cheese sauce, which would have trebled the calories!

I'm starting to think it's much more important to consider how much you eat rather than just what you eat.

You're right though, very focussed on calories counting!