Things you do now that you would have never done before?

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
What are somethings you can or will do now that you have either never been able to do before or you just didn't have enough confidence to do before that you do now?

As for me I'm really a lot more comfortable with how I look naked, I'm not satisfied with how I look yet, but I can tolerate my self a lot more now, I don't hide behind the sheets around my husband like a bashful idiot lol.

I enjoying dancing in public a lot more then I use to. I can't dance to save my life but I don't care anymore. That could be a "I'm 30yrs old screw you" whole thing, but it's nice to be in public and break out dancing with my husband and not worry about what others think.

I can wear my shirt tucked in and not feel like a fat slob lol.

There are others that I don't think MFP would allow me to state haha!

Replies

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    For me, exercising every day. Never in a million years would I have ever thought that I'd enjoy exercising, let alone that I'd want to do it daily.

Second thing would be getting in front of the camera. I detested seeing the results before, but yesterday we took the entire family to the State Capital and I had my daughter snap a picture of me goofing off. I didn't want to see the results, but I was totally SHOCKED at how I looked. I couldn't believe my eyes, I didn't look like a 2 ton heffer :noway:
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    I wore shorts in public for the first time in a few years. A few of my friends were complaining about how self-conscious they felt while I was just like "Eff-it! I'm almost 15lbs smaller than I was a couple of months ago. I'm wearing the damn shorts." I'm quite a bit larger than the majority of my friends, too. I'm gaining confidence and making fewer excuses and it's AWESOME.

I've also noticed that I feel like crap if I don't do something active for at least a little while during the day and eating large amounts of junk food isn't as appealing as it once was (I still make a lot of poor decisions and have binge days, but they're fewer and further between.)
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Jog
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Run 4 miles. Until last spring I had never ran. Now I run at least 3 times a week and actually look forward to it. I find myself liking all kinds of exercise and aren't afraid to try anymore. Still have a long ways to go but enjoying myself.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I play more sports with my kids. I love to take my shirt off in public (anywhere other than just my bedroom). I wear square cut swim suits.
    My confidence level is so much higher. I feel like I CAN accomplish anything I set my mind to and I haven't felt that in a long time.
  • janine73holland
    janine73holland Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel good about myself!!
    I even go to the gym in lycra/gym clothes and don't care who sees my wobbly bits lol.
    I also walk past the chocolate/sweet isle every time I go shopping, something I have not been able to do in years :-D
    I also feel bad on the days I don't make the gym... something I NEVER thought I would do!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!