Wanting to become vegan or vegetarian? HELP

Options
I am considering becoming vegan or vegetarian? But I honestly dont know the "rules", about either or. Anyone have any tips or ideas on what I can or cant?

Replies

• mirandamayhem
    Options
    I am considering becoming vegan or vegetarian? But I honestly dont know the "rules", about either or. Anyone have any tips or ideas on what I can or cant?

There are loads of sites out there, and there are loads of threads in MFP if you have a look around.
    Vegetarians tend to not eat meat but might eat some dairy or eggs, and use things like honey.

Vegans tend not to use any animal bio product, on top of not eating meat.

I am aiming back to vegan, but I'm vegetarian at the moment.

I'm not staunch, or militant, but I hate the way animals are farmed now, and I feel more comfortable not eating it. I also feel better physically not eating meat.
  • girlfabulous10
    girlfabulous10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    honestly, as a vegetarian/vegan you make up your own rules as you go. Vegans typically don't eat any animal products/by products at all.... Vegetarians are more lenient and they vary in form. Some vegetarians still eat seafood-pescatarian, some eat dairy and eggs- lacto-ovo. Starting out I would try eliminating one thing at a time. For me, I started by cutting out red meat, then poultry and seafood. I still eat dairy and eggs, but have just added back seafood occasionally.

Eat what you feel comfortable with, but make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. You should be eating real foods, like fresh fruits and vegetables. Becareful that you do not fall into the processed food trap, such as pastas, breads, etc. There are plenty unhealthy vegetarians/vegans out there.
  • AirRicka_13
    Options
    thanks!