Protein Bars..

Options
scorl
scorl Posts: 51 Member
Any good/great/awesome/fantastic protein bar suggestions?!?! THAT'S ALL! THANKS!

Replies

• ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    First off, most protein bars are absolutely terrible for you. Highly processed, with tons of chemicals, and containing huge amounts of saturated fat, carbs, sugar, and sugar alcohol.

That being said, try Natural Quest Bars and pray you love the taste, because they have no competition in terms of ingredients, quality, and protein to carb/sugar/fat ratio.
  • scorl
    Options
    Thanks for the info - hadn't done my 'research' yet - so I thought I'd ask all you smart people out there. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    <hates when people say protein bars are bad for you!!!! I am pretty sure I am eating one right now and eat them every day and have lost 45 pounds in the past 5 months doing so. Most protein bars do have a lot of sugar but that is the only bad thing I have found in them, and sugar has not effected my weight loss at all, if you cut out all of the juices and soda then a little sugar from protein bars is no big deal. I love cliff builder bars! I also buy power bars and supreme protein bars. I do agree quest bars are one of the best protein bars on the market but they are also expensive! ;-) all I can say is cliff builder bar vanilla almond =)
  • scorl
    Options
    No juice/no soda here! :) Thanks for the suggestion!!!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Detour, lower sugar bars,
    You can get a box with 3 flavors at Costco.
    They aren't too bad....seem to be better than
    most I've tried.
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    That being said, try Natural Quest Bars and pray you love the taste, because they have no competition in terms of ingredients, quality, and protein to carb/sugar/fat ratio.

^^^^^ What he said ~
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I love the Clif chocolate peanut butter protein bars :-) Yummy!!
  • skinnygirl175
    skinnygirl175 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Quest Bars in Chocolate Brownie. They have 20g protein, no sugar, and are high fiber and low carb. I order mine at Amazon.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I like the carb conscious ones with pretzels or the caramel. They are high calorie, so I only eat half at a time. I also like chocolate peanut chip power bars. Not real concerned about them being "bad" for me; I could be eating a lot worse - like a peanut butter meltaway or cupcake. I have a problem eating the right amount of protein most days and find the protein bars help with that.
  • luchien
    luchien Posts: 15
    Options
    I am gluten free so somewhat limited, but personally I like Quest bars and Think Thin bars. Decent amount of protein, tastes good, lower sugar.