Losing weight after 40....impossible??

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am 58...look at my ticker. 'Nuff said. :)
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, decided to lose weight when 42. My ticker disagrees with you too!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    44, see below.
  • DoggeeCatMom
    Options
    Totally not true! I am 48 and I have lost 31 pounds in the last 3 months. It just takes making a "life style" change which I wasn't willing to make before I hit 200 pounds. Be positive and you will do it.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need encouragement.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can't do what you did when you were 20 or 30 and still lose weight. But it's BS to say you can't lose weight after you're 40. My high weight was 136, 1 1/2 years or so ago. I'm now at 110 (I dropped to 123 without really trying too hard), and still losing steadily. I'm 41.
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    im 42 (43 in 2 weeks) and i have lost 27 pounds since march 4h. it is a long slow process but im not perfect on my diet and did not start exercising until a month ago.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's....You can do it...but it is harder!
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Age is a "state of mind". I turned 40 last January and I have lost 50 lbs. Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it! I will say I feel like I'm 20 again, so that's a huge bonus. :happy:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I will follow the example of the rest of the "over forty" crowd...47 years old here...check the ticker.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    Age 56...lost 45 pretty easily and still goin.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    62 and check ticker, just harder to get moving, find something that you love to do, for me it is cycling i can not do too much.
  • cindyjo01
    Options
    I'm 44 and losing weight definitely takes more effort than it did 10 years ago! I've lost 38 pounds since March ...it can be done!!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, decided to lose weight when 42. My ticker disagrees with you too!
    Same here! Best shape I've been in in over 15 years! Sure, it's more work now than it was when I was in my 20s, that's just part of getting older, but it's certainly not impossible to lose the fat and be fit and healthy, look great and feel great in our 40s and beyond!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'm 43.......................................................................and look!

I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    V
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and have thyroid issues and still lost 45 lbs.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    No.

41 1/2 y/o with 63# down since January 9, 2012.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, impossible you say? Then how come I have lost 46lbs at age 64?? I think you are never too old to grab back control of your life and eating habits. I am starting to exercise slowly and actually beginning to enjoy it.

Never give up, never surrender!! It can be done, it will be done!!! :wink:
  • joanrobinson2012
    Options
    I'm 49 years of age and have maintained plus or minus 5 pounds around my goal weight for around 18 months now. (Target weight is the midpoint of healthy range BMI)
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I will simply let my ticker do the talking.

Birthday next month ....49 : )
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just turned 42 in June. I've noticed the weight comes off more in inches than pounds. I've started MFP in April and has lost 7 pounds; but, my clothes are very loose--especially around my waist and back. I'm an hour glass shape so I always loose there first!