Exercising while sick

Options
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone has any advice for exercising while sick. I can definitely feel a bit of a cold coming on but really dont want to stop training nor get any worse.
How do you all feel about training as long as its not in your chest?

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, was wondering if anyone has any advice for exercising while sick. I can definitely feel a bit of a cold coming on but really dont want to stop training nor get any worse.
    How do you all feel about training as long as its not in your chest?

Listen to your body for what it wants. Exhaustion, lack of sleep, tired, and maybe feeling a bit depressed are signs that you may need rest or you may be overtraining. You probably may want to consider evaluating how you are doing so far today before you proceed with exercise. If you feel any of what I mentioned you may benefit from rest.
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just got over a minor cold. Outside of the worst day, when I was in no condition to attempt any workout, I just reduced the amount of cardio and focused on weight training. Listen to your body. If it feels like too much, it's probably too much.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Cardio make me feel better when I have a cold. Now if it is the flu where everything hurt the right thing to do is to rest. Listen to your body.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've read in numerous articles that if it's above the neck, then it's okay to work out, but if it's below the neck, then it's best to stop exercising until you feel better. But listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs. And hope you feel better soon.
  • Absref71
    Absref71 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, rate I will giv it the day then start of slowly and see how the body reacts
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The one thing I've learned so far is that "more" does NOT equal "better," especially with weight lifting. Give your body a rest, and then pick it up when you're feeling a bit better.
  • notoriousgtt
    notoriousgtt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If its just man flu then sweat it out.

If its real flu contact your GP ;)
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    working out thru a cold is ok. but any illness that involves fevers, vomiting, weakness take a break. if you go to the gym and you are only able to lift about 70% of your usual GO HOME! you are probably during more harm than good.