"Be fit in 90 days" = low calorie burn???

Options
So as I have completed the 30 day shred I have now decided to move on to something else and figured I’d give “Be fit in 90 days" a go after hearing good things on here about it.

I’ve just completed day 1 and I have to say I’m not sure I’m impressed – the workout was ok (it’s no shred but that’s ok) but I was more bothered about the lack of calories I burned – I am sweating like a sweaty thing and feel like I’ve done a decent workout, but my HRM says I only burned 80.56 calories??? WTF??? That can’t be right surely?

I know I am getting fitter as I have been burning less calories whilst doing the 30 day shred and whilst running, but I’m really not impressed at doing around 30 mins of exercise (granted 10 mins of that was stretching) and burning less than 100 cals. How many do you all burn doing this be fit in 90 days? I did usually burn around 220 doing the shred but over the last week or two it’s gone down to less than 200, which I’m happy with, but I don't feel like I am going to do this one again with such low calorie burn.

Replies

• Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    Depending on your heart rate monitor. You might actually have a better burn if you exclude the stretching part from the hrm record. My first heart rate monitor was strictly "average heart rate" (and profile stats like height, weight, age and gender). So I would burn more total calories if I only ran it during the body of a workout not warm up and cool down. If I ran it during the warmup and cool down, the longer duration would mean less calories burned, like they somehow burnt negative. So I think I would try it with just the 20 minute workout excluding the 10 minute stretching. Stretching does not burn much anyway, but it is good to do for other reasons.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of HRM you have--but I was in the same situation--I was burning just a bit over 100 on the shred. I have a Polar HRM that does a fitness test--which I had not bothered to do. They say it is similar to a VO2max. Anyway after I took the test it adjusted my calories to my fitness and resting HR and I burned more than before.
    I also for the very first time had some sessions with a trainer. She took tests as a starting point and they matched up well with my HRM. So you may be very fit--and burning a bit more.
  • susuenglish
    susuenglish Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ah I see - well I think my HRM is just a bog standard one and I don't think you can do a fitness test with it. It just confused me as I did the shred yesterday and burned 220 cals, then today, a similar work out and it was less than 100. Just doesn't seem worth the effort - even before I started the 10 mins stretch (which was actually pretty good) I was only in the 70's or so. I felt cheated haha!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I average 300-350 depending on the workout
  • cjohann
    Options
    Hey folks - I know this is an old thread, but I just started the BeFit in 90 program and don't currently have an HRM. I was wondering if you all knew the average calorie burn per workout? I assume there are less calories burned in the first month than the second, than the third, so I was planning on guesstimating ~150 per workout for month 1, ~250 for month 2, and ~350 for month 3 workouts. Does that seem appropriate based on your experiences?