how long shall i stay on 1200 calories a day for?

dom300186
dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
as the title states how long shall i do this for 2 weeks and then increase it to 1500?

Replies

• angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    I assume I stay on 1200 calories until I achieve my goal weight loss.
  • You can readjust your calories and weight loss per week at any time. The 1200 per day goal will probably help you get to your goal faster. Good luck!
  • sticking with 1200 calories a day is what you would need to eat to lose weight. you can eat more if you are more active or work out. depending on how many calories you burn. once you reach your goal weight then figure out how many calories you need to maintain your weight. the calories required for maintaining is different based on your weight. i hope i helped and answered your question! Good luck!!
  • ljkelly
    ljkelly Posts: 5 Member
    Why is your calorie goal so low? Is that what was recommended? Depending on your height, weight and activity level you may need to increase your calories. (You should talk to your doctor before continuing on a 1200 calorie per day diet for an extended period.) Also, if you begin to feel run down all the time, or stop losing weight, you may need to increase you calorie intake. Finally, you should never lose more than 10% of you body weight in a week. If you do, you are losing muscle which will contribute to metabolic syndrome. Fast weight loss sound good, but slow and steady is better and has a greater chance of being permanent.
This discussion has been closed.