Bands you hate that everyone else seems to love..

Options

Replies

• jenhaze
    jenhaze Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nickleback are always crying,AC/DC,the Beatles,Pink Floyd and pretty much anything from the 50'sand 60's.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    For me it has to be the Foo Fighters. I mean, I gave a lot of their albums a few tries but they all sound the same, so...

Are you kidding me? Wow. Such an awesome and versitile band. One of the best rock bands ever.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    U2

I keep trying to love them. I even buy their CD's thinking that this time, i'll love it. But, nope. I don't get it.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Green Day and Sheryl Crow. There are hundreds of others--I'm kind of peevish.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    U2

I keep trying to love them. I even buy their CD's thinking that this time, i'll love it. But, nope. I don't get it.

That's how I am with Lacuna coil. I tried soooo hard to like them. Never happened.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't trust anyone who doesn't like (pre-Back in Black) AC/DC, because you're probably the opposite of fun...that said, I kinda hate everything. Except what I love (record collection of about 10,000 pc in my house).
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    U2
    Coldplay
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Linkin Park
    Limp Bizkit
    The Offspring
    Deftones

And most everything on the radio...
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Katy Perry. 'Nuff said.

Oh and Maroon 5. Use to like them, now I want to rip my own hair out of my skull when I hear Adam Levine's disgusting voice. Katy wins though....she makes me want to die. Happily.
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    not so much a band, but ADELE is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I TOTALLY agree, she drives me nuts! Also can't stand Bruce Springstein or Michael Bolton
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    not so much a band, but ADELE is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Ahhhh....my heart hurts for you ;) Adele vs. Katy Perry or Taylor Swift?? C'mon now! LOL gross.
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    U2!!! .... OVERrated!
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band
    Pearl Jam
    Phish
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Coldplay.

does anyone really like coldplay though?

I don't like The Beatles, even though I get shunned every time someone finds out!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Kings Of Leon.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Green Day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Black Eyes Peas, No Doubt, System Of A Down, Linkin Park, Panic At The Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Modest Mouse, Brand New, Remy Zero, Nicky Minaj, Katy Perry, Tori Amos, AC DC, Led Zepplin, The Doors, The Beatles, Coldyplay, Madonna, Celine Dion, Christina Aquilera. Fall Out Boy, Clay Aiken, Jennifer Lopez, (but LOVE everything about her, just hate her singing). Marc Anthony, Dave Matthews, Matchbox 20, Rob Thomas, Kayne West, Usher, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Duffy, Adele with a passion lol. To make it easier for you, just assume that I hate all bands that are played in the Billboard Top 100 minus John Mayer and Justin Timberlake :blushing: I could sit here for months and months filling up pages but won't waste your time or mine. :laugh:

Well then, what do you like?

I was gonna say the same exact thing. I mean hell you mentioned some of the BEST bands there.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Lady Gag Reflex.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Nickleback. Theory of a Dead man.

YES NICKLEBACK!!!!!!!!! They make me ashamed to be from Canada! (I think I may get kicked out now)
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    kid rock, metallica, foo fighters, dave matthews, hootie and the blowfish, john mayer
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The problem for me with Nirvana is not that they suck (actually I own most of the albums on vinyl), but because every 14 year old girl likes Kurt Cobain because he killed himself. They're one of those bands that anyone can listen to because apparently you're cool if you listen to Nirvana. Just like The Beatles and The Doors. I think Pink Floyd too (which is another band I hate, probably because I listened to them too much).

I mean you are not a special snowflake because you sort of listen to those bands.

agreed. I'll admit that I hate Nirvana simply because of the other people I know that love them so much. (wristcutting types.) The vintage craze going on right now is making everyone claim to be a fan of The Doors, The Who, Pink Floyd, etc. It really takes all the flavor out of the music.

The whole hipster thing makes me sick now days. I don't simply like a band cause it is the "cool" thing. Lamesauce!