Insantiy

Options
Hi :smile:

Just wanting some of your thoughts on Insanity workouts. I have only heard of Insanity today and am currently looking at the web site. So just wanting to know wat you think if it.

Thanks
Rob
:smile:

Replies

• mamadragon
    mamadragon Posts: 110
    Options
    Same here, but I was wondering how hard it will be on my knees. I saw an infomertial on it a few days ago and it looks WOW!
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of Insanity Asylum. I'm not going to lie to you, I cry every single time when the work out is over BUT I love it!! I'm already noticing my stomach is changing. It's hard, but it's great!!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have completed Insanity 3 times and just finished up Insanity The Asylum for the third time the other day. Get it! Modify the power jumps if you have bad knees, that's all I had to do in the beginning because I have a bad right knee and now I do tons of them and it doesn't effect me at all and I never got any injuries from any of his workouts and push myself harder than most people tend to.

You will not be disappointed with these workout at all I promise you. It trains your body AND your mind at the same time, and in my opinion that is what people need who are on any kind of fitness journey, whether we're doing it for weight loss or just to tone and tighten. We need something that's going to challenge us and make us want to come back tomorrow and do it again even when we feel like throwing up lol, which almost happened to me twice in the first week. I did not throw up but I felt like I was going to.
    Insanity helps with the mind by seriously pushing you, pissing you off, getting in your face and forcing you to do better. If you don't fix what's going on in the inside you'll just keep repeating the same bad habits, whether its overeating, not working out, not working hard enough etc... once your mind is right everything falls into place in my opinion.
    Shaun pushes you beyond your maximum and at times you may not feel like you're going to be able to make it and that is when you need to get inside of yourself and just tune everything else out. DIG DEEP as he is famous for saying. That was when I started getting my best results was from pushing myself beyond my threshold. I had better stamina, strength, power, confidence in the end because of it too. He is the best personal trainer EVER in my opinion. No one gets inside of your head and challenges you, pushes you, makes you see yourself in a different light like he does.
    Its not the exercises themselves that are hard but the length of time you do them without breaks or very short ones. Insanity changed my life. I wasn't doing it to lose weight or anything, I lost my bf in a motorcycle wreck and was out of my fricking head and needed a major release so that I could cope with waking up everyday and was taking a year to prep and condition myself for Krav Maga training, so I did both of his programs and I swear it changed my attitude and my mind better than anything else ever has including a Life Coach. When you're pushed like that, the way he pushes you in these workouts you start to "get it" and you start to care about it and it becomes your life's goal to want to change yourself and your ways, and of course to be able to kick his *kitten* and hand it right back to him lol. Insanity changed my life period.

Good luck to you and wish you all the best, sorry for such a long *kitten* reply. :blushing:
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    Same here, but I was wondering how hard it will be on my knees. I saw an infomertial on it a few days ago and it looks WOW!

If you have like 30 or more pounds to lose it will be hard on your knees, mostly from "Powerjumps" you will want to find the best circuit training shoes out there, basketball shoes are amazing as well. I didn't have weight to lose when I did Insanity and Powerjumps still started hurting my right knee so I modified them for a while by not jumping completely off the ground. I got the Powermat that they sell at Beachbody and I put it on top of a rug, AND put these round ball arch supports in my shoes and got decent shoes and I was able to do them properly and haven't gotten any injuries at all from Shaun's workouts. I'm able to do Powerjumps now just with my shoes and no support of any kind. Your body gets use to it and you get better at it and will learn how to land properly. I remember hearing to "land softy" and I thought to myself, "Yeah, how the hell do I do that 16 inches up in the air" lol, but you DO actually learn how to jump up and land like a feather, its weird once you first notice that you're doing it, but it can be done with practice :)

Anything you feel like you cant do, don't do it, modify it to your comfort level until you feel like you can move up. Also if you get Insanity and it doesn't work for you, you can send it back within 30 days and they will give you your money back minus S&H.
  • Anticipated_Serendipity
    Options
    I had a question regarding insanity as well. I have bad wrist problems, doing push ups or any body weight put on my wrist tends to make them scream in pain. In the info commercials I see them doing a lot of moves where there may be a lot of weight put on wrist. Does he have modified versions of using push up bars? I wasn't sure with some of the moves if those would even work out properly.
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    I had a question regarding insanity as well. I have bad wrist problems, doing push ups or any body weight put on my wrist tends to make them scream in pain. In the info commercials I see them doing a lot of moves where there may be a lot of weight put on wrist. Does he have modified versions of using push up bars? I wasn't sure with some of the moves if those would even work out properly.

You can use push up stands if you wanted I suppose but you should get the kind that do not twist or turn when you raise yourself up and lower back down, those make it harder imo. Beachbody sells 2 kinds of them. Tony Horton Power stands $40 or the simple push up stands for $20 but I don't like the simple design ones. I have a pair similar to the Powerstands, I just prefer that shape and design better. But you can get them anywhere and don't have to buy them on BB's website.
    I have arthritis in my left index finger and I am left handed so all my weight seems to fall on that side which makes my wrists sore on occasion. Sometimes my finger gets so stiff I cant even move it and hurts really bad but I am able to still do push ups which is kind of the same as a bad wrist cause all my weight is going on my fingers which are helping to hold me up. I just duct taped my finger a lot or used sports tape and wrapped my hands like a boxer when I did Insanity and especially when I did the Asylum. I also use weight lifting gloves, leather ones. I feel like they give my wrists a bit of support. If you have serious wrist issues though or have hard surgeries than you will probably want to modify pushups and do them on your knees even if your fit just to be on the safe side until you get comfortable enough to do them the correct way, or just do them on your knees the whole time if it works better for you :D
  • Anticipated_Serendipity
    Options
    Thank you very much. Just doing one push up with my wrist, and I'm crying in pain and usually have to wear a wrist brace for 2 weeks afterwards. Thanks for the quick response. I was worried if some of the moves didn't allow the modified way and I didn't want to get it, if I wasn't really able to do most of the exercises. I'll have to look more into it. Thanks again. :D
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    Thank you very much. Just doing one push up with my wrist, and I'm crying in pain and usually have to wear a wrist brace for 2 weeks afterwards. Thanks for the quick response. I was worried if some of the moves didn't allow the modified way and I didn't want to get it, if I wasn't really able to do most of the exercises. I'll have to look more into it. Thanks again. :D
    Well if that's the case do modified pushups at first or for the entire program. You want to be comfortable and not hurt yourself. I can do a lot of pushups but I'll be honest with you, there are days I don't want to put in the 150% effort and I do modified pushups also. Especially on days where I've been on a red eye flight (I travel a lot) and get to my hotel and have to go straight into my workout, so don't worry about it. There are so many other benefits from doing Insanity than just push ups :D

Buy the program and if it doesn't workout for you send it back within 30 days. You can get your money back minus S&H. That way it gives you enough time to play around with your wrists and see what is or is not going to work for you, but its totally worth owning and if you have to do pushups on your knees the entire time then so be it. There's still a good workout in that :)
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    Asylum is the one you want to watch out for if you have bad wrists :)
  • Anastasia0511
    Options

Have you had surgeries or anything before? Why do you have wrist pain? Because there are several moves where you put all of your weight on your hands and wrists and use a lot of your body weight pushing/jumping off of them.
    Are you trying to lose weight or just trying something new for fun? Cause if you have major wrist problems I wouldn't do Insanity at all. You crying and in a brace for two weeks I'm thinking maybe you should do TurboFire instead if you're looking to lose weight. Would hate for you to injure yourself and be stuck in that brace for another two weeks or longer.
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Certain workouts from Insanity hurt my knees. I just sub something else for that part.
  • DRIAMAYLINA
    Options
    Hi :smile:

Just wanting some of your thoughts on Insanity workouts. I have only heard of Insanity today and am currently looking at the web site. So just wanting to know wat you think if it.

Thanks
    Rob
    :smile:

I love insanity Im on week 2 well today was rest day felt a bit weird to me.. but anyhow its a good workout dig deeper you can do it
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have two bad knees, bad wrists, one bad elbow, and about 30 lbs to lose. I do Insanity every day and I absolutely love it! I started out having to modify everything. And I mean everything.

With my bad knees, I can't do any jumps and am not supposed to do anything high impact. I have a mini trampoline that I use for the high impact stuff. I get on there and do everything just like it is in the video, but the mini trampoline takes out most of the impact. There are certain things that you just can't physically do as fast on a mini trampoline as you could on the floor, so with those things, I just do as many as I can.

Then I move down to the floor for the things like push ups, ski abs, etc. If my wrists are good that day, I'll do regular push ups, but if they aren't, I'll do push ups or whatever off of the side of the mini trampoline. The side of it is about a foot off the floor and takes most of the pressure off of my wrists.

I highly recommend getting even a cheap mini trampoline for high impact workouts if you have bad knees. If I didn't have one, I wouldn't be working out nearly as much as I do...or at least not doing as much as I do. The one I have is a little more expensive and has bungee cords instead of metal springs, so the bounce is much softer.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can modify just about everything in Insanity and still get a great workout. I have been doing it long enough now that my knees have actually improved and I don't have to use the mini trampoline for as much as I did in the beginning.
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    Love the idea of mini trampoline. My aunt used one of those in the 70's and swore it was the best workout ever haha. I'd get one just for the fun of it and might. I love trampolines they are a blast.
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of mini trampoline. My aunt used one of those in the 70's and swore it was the best workout ever haha. I'd get one just for the fun of it and might. I love trampolines they are a blast.

Your aunt was right! :smile:

It really is a great workout in and of itself, but add in Insanity and you can be sure you'll get an even better workout. Of course, everything in Insanity is harder on the floor, but it isn't *that* much easier on the trampoline. It is fun too! I love it and am so glad I have one to use!
  • Anastasia0511
    Options

Your aunt was right! :smile:

It really is a great workout in and of itself, but add in Insanity and you can be sure you'll get an even better workout. Of course, everything in Insanity is harder on the floor, but it isn't *that* much easier on the trampoline. It is fun too! I love it and am so glad I have one to use!

I went to Big 5 tonight and got a mini trampoline and all I've done since I got it is jump around on it, it's addicting lol. My cousin has one of the huge ones in her back yard and that thing is a blast but the kids and the dog are always on it and we have to "share" when we're over there. I don't like sharing lol. I like my own bounce. This little mini thing is fun and now I'm going to try to power jump with my jump rope tomorrow. We'll just see how well that goes haha.