"It's just time" from a newbie

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new here, as of about 5 minutes ago. I just passed the 6-year mark as a breast cancer survivor and now that I'm finally off all the maintenance drugs, it's just time to get back to the old me by losing the 30 pounds I gained during chemo and maintenance. I've lost 10 pounds since the middle of June and am looking for help/motivation to get the remaining 20 pounds off!

Any and all help/suggestions gladly accepted!

Replies

• DrewLundgren
    DrewLundgren Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Best advice, make friends and commit to supporting them, then do it. The support in return is awesome. I've lost 23 lb in 50 days. My friends are awsome. I am also a cancer survivor, two times, but my weight gain was simply over eating. Stick with the plan, it really works. Make friends. Best wishes for your success.
  • susanfisher
    susanfisher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello, Congratulations on being a breast cancer survivor!! Feel free to add me, I will try and help. I have a lot more then 20 pounds to lose..
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good luck feel free to add me were all a family
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Plenty of help, tips and motivation on here for you to look at and get. Just reading the message boards is really helpful.

Good luck with your goals
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Congratulations - for being a survivor, and for making the decision to lose the weight - both awesome!! Feel free to add me, I'm here every day! :happy:
  • LittleLucy23
    Options
    Congratulations on being a survivor!

I'm a newbie too - 3 days on MFP - I've logged on everyday to keep track of food and exercise - great tool.

If you need someone to talk to I'm here.:smile:
  • 4melyn
    4melyn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - for being a survivorI. I only started here last Wednesday!! Feel free to add me, :smile: :smile: 4melyn
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm a cancer survivor too (ovarian). Feel free to add me. Good luck with your journey.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    God bless you and your surviving Breast cancer. Please take care :smile:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. By adding a lot of people on MFP, it really helps with the motivation. :smile: Good Luck.