Prayers needed

Options

Replies

• gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I agree, sending lots of prayers your and the family's way.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I have seen first hand the evil than human beings can bring to one another. It has haunted my dreams (and still does from time to time). The verse that helped to bring solace to my heart was this:

“Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.”
    Romans 12:19

GTO know that no one ever gets away. They will be brought to justice, if not in this life, then eventually.

The children (as all children) are in my prayers. :cry:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I think with the economy the way it is going, there are going to be a lot more of this, especially those that are on drugs who will do anything to get their next dollar and fix. I never will understand why it is when they break into a home they have to kill. They will be in my prayers, that justice will be done to who ever done this. :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Very nicely put Sgt. it does us no good to want revenge, no matter how heinous the crime. Some things are to be left in the hands of a higher power.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Their karma will surely come back to get them. Or, just this once, they could bring back the firing squad...no wait, that would be a waste of a perfectly good bullet!!
    It just makes me ill that there is that much hate in the world...for someone to hurt a little baby like that just makes me want to cry. I feel a little better though, knowing that my mom is up in Heaven and she is taking care of those little ones.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    I feel a little better though, knowing that my mom is up in Heaven and she is taking care of those little ones.

Darn straight.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    :sick: this is absolutely appaling. I wish the best and prayers to you(through association) thier families and that the sick SOB gets his due. When he gets to jail he wont make it long. Those lifers hate anyone who hurts children or women. I am sorry to hear this news:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have seen first hand the evil than human beings can bring to one another. It has haunted my dreams (and still does from time to time). The verse that helped to bring solace to my heart was this:

“Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.”

GTO know that no one ever gets away. They will be brought to justice, if not in this life, then eventually.

Well put.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ugh!
    My heart aches whenever I hear these stories!
    Jackarse will pay!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Wow, sgt. you are wise.

My prayers to the friends and family involved in this tragedy, and my prayers to you that you feel safe.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options

My prayers to the friends and family involved in this tragedy, and my prayers to you that you feel safe.

I have a concealed weapons permit...I hope I never have to shoot someone but I will if it means protecting my children.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

I have a concealed weapons permit...I hope I never have to shoot someone but I will if it means protecting my children.
    I agree with you. I do not have one yet, but I am definately in support of it. Its never folks like us that go on killing tangents we are the heros for the most part...
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    Lord we lift up the family and loved ones of this tragic incident, may the person responsible be brought to justice!

Lord hear our prayers.....

We pray for all who lost loved ones and are displaced after the recent spree of tornadoes.

We pray for all people in China with the loss of THEIR loved ones and home due to the earthquake,
    Lord, hear our prayers!

Please come into the hearts of the Myanmar military so will stop refusing aid to the suffering people!
    Lord hear our prayers......

We pray for all innocent children being abused or exploited....

God help & bless us all! :heart: Through HIM and in HIM, all things are possible!

Keep the FAITH!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Much the same reason I have one as well. I could not live with myself if I had the opportunity to protect someone's life and was not prepared to act. I swore an oath once, and although I am no longer wearing a badge, I will always uphold it.

As an instructor in SWAT school once said. 'There are sheep and there are wolves. Then there are sheep dogs....which are you?' I am proudly and forever will be, a sheep dog.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Lord we lift up the family and loved ones of this tragic incident, may the person responsible be brought to justice!

We pray for all who lost loved ones and are displaced after the recent spree of tornadoes.

We pray for all people in China with the loss of THEIR loved ones and home due to the earthquake,
    Lord, hear our prayers!

Please come into the hearts of the Myanmar military so will stop refusing aid to the suffering people!
    Lord hear our prayers......

We pray for all innocent children being abused or exploited....

God help & bless us all! :heart: Through HIM and in HIM, all things are possible!

Keep the FAITH!

Amen BCK. Amen.
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    That is so sad. I will lift this family up in prayer and the community as a whole. I cannot imagine someone hurting children like that. Whoever did this will get what is coming to them. either here on Earth or someplace a little hotter. No one ever gets away with things like this, it is just a matter of time before their punishment comes.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    It just boggles my mind, what human beings can do to one another.:cry::brokenheart:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Dear Mom,

Sorry I didn't get to tell you this before you left (you left way too soon)....so I figured now is as good a time as any.

God blessed me with you for a mother. You were always firm and fair, even if I didn't agree with you at the time. You somehow managed to, time after time, to make something from nothing. You could even make Hamburger Helper taste good!!:laugh:
    You always wanted better for me than what you had...and I hope I'm making you proud. I'm trying my best to be a good mommy. You said that I would have kids that were just like me, and guess what??? I did.:laugh:

I just know you are up there in Heaven, watching over all the little ones as they are arriving. Please take special care of the two little ones whose lives were snatched away yesterday...they were so small and so defenseless...:brokenheart: Love them and hug them like you did for me. You always loved the little ones...

I love you and I miss you every day. You made me into the person I am, and I don't regret a minute of it. There's a void in my life that nothing will ever fill. Some people have a great mom, or a best friend. I was lucky enough to have both.

Love,

Amanda

P.S. Say hi to Grandma for me.

:cry:

Awesome.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Dear Mom,

Sorry I didn't get to tell you this before you left (you left way too soon)....so I figured now is as good a time as any.

God blessed me with you for a mother. You were always firm and fair, even if I didn't agree with you at the time. You somehow managed to, time after time, to make something from nothing. You could even make Hamburger Helper taste good!!:laugh:
    You always wanted better for me than what you had...and I hope I'm making you proud. I'm trying my best to be a good mommy. You said that I would have kids that were just like me, and guess what??? I did.:laugh:

I just know you are up there in Heaven, watching over all the little ones as they are arriving. Please take special care of the two little ones whose lives were snatched away yesterday...they were so small and so defenseless...:brokenheart: Love them and hug them like you did for me. You always loved the little ones...

I love you and I miss you every day. You made me into the person I am, and I don't regret a minute of it. There's a void in my life that nothing will ever fill. Some people have a great mom, or a best friend. I was lucky enough to have both.

Love,

Amanda

Awesome.

Sorry I meant to put that in the "letter" thread....crap....:embarassed:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Dear Mom,

Love,

Amanda

Awesome.

Sorry I meant to put that in the "letter" thread....crap....:embarassed:

It's totally appropriate here also my friend. :wink: