Anyone had success with Spinning/Biking classes?

Options
Paired with good eating and muscle toning, of course, has anyone had success with those group biking classes? I really wanna try it. Has anyone done it and liked it? Got results from it? (: If you could post your experience and/or stories that would be awesome <3

**This was also posted in the Success forum**

Replies

• kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    No success?
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    ive done a few of them, vibe cycle is the type they teach in our place, same thing, pedal to the beat and move about basically!!

it is good to break the bordom if you are training alone and a good way of making new friends :) plus gaining a little rhytumn (sp)

in the first instance it is hard going trying to keep pedaling and moving in syncro but like everything once you chill out and just go with teh flow its great workout, after my first class my lags were literally aching, it was GOOD pain!!!

ok so here are the stats - 45 mins basically gets you dripping wet through - the computer on the spin bikes indicate around 450 cal burn, but this is dependant on your fitness level.

its a sneeky way of intervalling as you may get a tune with three fast chours` with give you a nice up/down heart curve :)

all in all if you like music, dancing or just want to get a bit of a groove going on i would try it - dont sit there contemplting it, try it, try it twice as the first one may shock you both in the pain dept and cardio capacity - but it will get easier, this is when you should start increasing the resistance...

DO IT - all abilitys are suited :)
  • mkm9279
    mkm9279 Posts: 44
    Options
    I did spinning with my dad a few years ago and let me tell you, my buttocks were so sore! More than my legs from the work out! Bt my dad told me that you get used to it. I honestly don't know how one does! I'll stick to turbo fire!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I love spin class! It is a great workout for cardio endurance and your legs and butt! I would invest in some padded shorts though or else your butt will kill you:).
  • swanseajo
    Options
    I have just started spin - I attempted it twice before, but I went two weeks ago and found it ok - (well I couldn't sit down and my legs hurt for 3 days) but I made it throught the class and went the following we and i made it through that I am booked in for this week and I have to be honest I have made progress. I have tried weight watcher and put weight on but using this site and doing spin in a week I have lost 3lbs hopefully I will continue to lose.
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love spin class - I add it into my routine once a week to change it up - love the motivation of other people, and lots of variation. As for the sore bum thing - after a few classes you bum "adjusts" and you no longer feel it.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone (: Now I'm excited to try it