Help sore muscles?

Options
So on Saturday I had a fitness test with a new personal trainer and we were doing lunges (I found out my left side is extremely weak, I could only do one on my own on my left side but could do 15+ on my right side). I think I also may have bag knees since how much they're hurting.

Anyways, my legs felt really weak afterwards and it hurt to even go downstairs.
Today they were really hurting, so I went swimming to loosen them up a bit (it did help a bit).

I have another work out with my personal trainer tomorrow afternoon - what else can I do to try and make my muscles feel better by then? If anything. Thanks!

Replies

• isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I know I'm going to have a really tough workout I always take a couple tylenols before heading to the gym, it does help a bit, if you don't want to do that, try taking a bath in Epsom salts(You can get these at any pharmacy) It losens up sore muscles.. Hope this helps a bit!
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    you can ice your joints to reduce the inflammation (even if they don't look swollen) ice for 20 mins max. you can do that a few times a day. stretching good immediately after working makes a huge difference. you dont want to stretch when your muscles are cold though.

pain is bad, but sore is good. it means you are changing your body. if your still in pain tomorrow discuss it with your trainer for modifications.
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Unless the pain continues to get worse, waiting out a few days will fix you back to normal. The more you do the exercises in the future the less sore you will be when you are done! I didn't believe that when I started lifting weights. Keep stretching and keep moving those muscles to keep them from stiffing up. The first times are the hardest! Don't give up to a little pain!