I suck at working out.......

Options
When my ex and I were together I would go to the gym with him and be PUMPED!! Work out for 2 hours and it was awesome. Now I'm trying to hit the gym alone and it sucks!!! I dont give 100% and I know it but I just cant get myself in gear without someone motivating me. I wish I could afford a trainer but alas I'm broke. He was like my free PT, showed me what to do, cheered me on. It was the only place we got along lol..... What can I do???? I need a work out buddy that knows what they are doing and will make me do it!!!!

Replies

• whisperer02
    Options
    I hats going to the gym alone so I bought exercise Dvds and my finance got me a wii and I work out at home. I bought some weights too. Good luck.
  • matt_h76
    matt_h76 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi, I workout at home too :) So quick and easy. If I had to get in a car, drive to a gym, I doubt I would have the same motivation. Whereas working out in my garage is brilliant. Plus I don't have the hassle of any weights I want to work on being in use or hogged by someone else, as is often the case in a gym at busy times. However if the gym is the only option it should get easier after the first two to three weeks of sticking to a regular routine or pattern. Also try a book called The New Rules Of Lifting For Women which gives workout plans, and with a plan and "objectives" you may find yourself more motivated. Good luck with it all though :)
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Find something that doesn't seem like a chore for your cardio. With weight lifting, you pretty much have to show up in the gym or shell out the cash for a set of weights at home. But - you can switch it up with cardio. I swim. I hike. I run. I mountain bike. I do ANYTHING other than the elliptical or treadmill to keep me interested and motivated.