Is it bad to have a negative net?

Options
I haven't been hungry today, but i've ate. I also had my arms workouts added to my original workout today. & i am in negative net, is that bad? I still have yet to eat dinner, but i'm just wondering.
Thank you.

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yes it's bad. You're normally pretty good at eating your calories so make sure this is a once off. It can get dangerous in affecting your next workout.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You need to eat! try for calorie dense foods if you not up for a big meal. If you have a negative net on an occasional basis it is not the end of the world but in the long run if you do this regularly you will have a problem. I see you are joining the military and want to get in shape. You need the calories and protein to build the muscles and strength you will need to excel in bootcamp.

Good luck with your training and thank you for your willingness to serve
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    One or two low days probably won't do you any harm. A lot of really low days could lead to some problems down the road, but you'll find a lot of conflicting opinions about that around here.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Once in a blue moon won't hurt. Otherwise, people would never recover from a stomach flu or diarrhea when they can't eat any food without... repercussions.

If it happens frequently, make a point to plan your meals better.

Edited to add: Don't feel the need to be super strict with your calories tomorrow if your appetite returns with a vengeance.
  • camelothosting
    camelothosting Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today my goal is 1940 Calories,
    I have eaten 1800 but I burned over 3500

so I have a negative of -1728

This is a little high for me but Im almost in - Net but I am infact eating