Inspirational quote?

Options
I was watching Dodgeball on TV and the Lance Armstrong cameo just happened. Made me think of his old Nike commercial...

So, I ask this. What's your favorite inspirational quote?

"This is my body.
And I can do whatever I want to it.
I can push it.
Study it.
Tweak it.
Listen to it.
Everybody wants to know what I'm on.
What am I on? I'm on my bike six hours a day busting my *kitten*.
What are YOU on?"

Replies

• HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I just emailed you, but I love the quote I put in my profile "Quitting is NOT an option."
    Every time I feel like giving up, I say this and it gives me an extra boost of adrenaline to keep going.
  • Kotek1985
    Kotek1985 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine is "Strive for progress not perfection". I have it underneth my workout schedule that I tick off each day.
  • donnasjohnson
    donnasjohnson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you are tired of starting over, then stop giving up.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    “It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
    -Bruce Lee

Inspires me to keep going sometimes!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Mine is, "Don't go out of your WEIGH to please anyone but yourself!!"
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    I just started mfp today and I was looking for inspiration. I like your quote and makes sense.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    My niece once said to me, "Take it like a beast!!" Sounds silly, but whenever I'm in a situation that's uncomfortable for me, I just say it to myself.

Also, recently, someone told me, "It takes 21 days for you to form a habit." Love that.
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My efforts = My success!
  • fishtank63
    fishtank63 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can be sore tomorrow, or you can be sorry tomorrow...the choice is yours!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • MockAbs
    MockAbs Posts: 1
    Options
    Nice!
    When you are in the middle of a tough workout, just remember. "Pain is Fear leaving the Body"
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?

... Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.

... It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Marianne Williamson

(unless you get on the empty treadmill next to them- then they hate you and judge you and talk bad about you on the internet)
  • jamifaith
    Options
    Do or do not. There is no "try"
    -yoda
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I just emailed you, but I love the quote I put in my profile "Quitting is NOT an option."
    Every time I feel like giving up, I say this and it gives me an extra boost of adrenaline to keep going.

I read this as Quilting is not an option!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
  • haydensmommy30
    Options
    Mine is "Strive for progress not perfection". I have it underneth my workout schedule that I tick off each day.

I Love this!! Made me smile :happy:
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    After all the nay sayers and bullies in my life made me feel bad I heard this quote once and lived by it ever since...

"Noone can make you feel inferior with out your consent". ~Eleanor Roosevelt

It clicked in my head... I am the one who has the power to how I react to others. By allowing them to make me feel bad..I did feel bad. After a while, I stopped "letting" anyone make me feel bad or put me down. I realized it is their own insecurities that come out in the form of "bullying" for lack of a better word...

Now noone can make me feel bad about myself. I always remember that quote..it was an awakening for me.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My all time fav:

"There are no mistakes in life, only lessons. There is no such thing as a negative experience, only opportunities to grow, learn and advance along the road of self mastery. From struggle comes strength. Even pain can be a wonderful teacher. R. Sharma from his book, the munk who sold his ferrari.

I had that quote everyone in my house and at work during my cancer treatment.
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like this one

"No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying"