One year nicotine free

Options
2»

Replies

• hshertenlieb
    Options
    Congrats to you! I am battling quitting right now. I just don't know what to do...tried Chantix and was raging within three days. I'm planning my wedding and am so stressed out. I have been exercising for the last 3 weeks, finally got on a workout plan. I guess I just need to suck it up and quit. I do have nicotine gum, but I seem to want to smoke more....:sad:
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is a great accomplishment and is one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I credit QuitNow.com (a web site similar to MFP) for my success. I was a heavy smoker for over 30 years and finally quit (cold turkey) - it will be 5 years on September 27th. I put on over 50 pounds but to me it was more important to get those nasty cigarettes out of my life first. Now I am here to complete my life style change and I am finding it much easier to lose weight than I did to quit smoking. I will be turning 60 in less than a month and intend to be a more healthy and fit person than I was a few decades ago.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Stick with it, it will be worth it. Save up the money you would have spent on cigs, and get something you like...a day at the spa or whatever.

I just bought a used smoker's car because it was cheap, but now I realize nothing I can do will get rid of the stink...I hope I get used to it.
  • TMF1123
    TMF1123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    congratulations for making the commitment to take care of you. i celebrated my one year without nicotine on april 5, 2012. keep pressing forward.
  • mkm9279
    mkm9279 Posts: 44
    Options
    Absolutely great job! I quit cold turkey at 11:58 pm on July 16, 2008. I am only 29 but I smoked like a chimney. No one thought I could do it not even my husband.( the one supposed to be supportive of me) anyways, great job! Keep it up. Sooner or later if not already you won't crave it at all and the smell of it on someone else will make you sick! I promise!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Your story is so similar to mine!! I was determined not to gain so I started MFP. Once I saw what I was eating, it was easy to make better choices. Within a few days of not smoking, I had more energy so I decided to start exercising. Now I look like I"m half the person I was, but I feel so much better and AM better for it! Congrats on your year, and many more to come, Kelly!!!
  • turkkm
    turkkm Posts: 66
    Options
    Congrats, congrats, congrats! That is a monumental accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!