Always hungery

Options
2»

Replies

• texaricangirasol
    texaricangirasol Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A cup of milk
    A cup of water with fiber type supplements(i am trying out nopalina)
    I usually make sure that at the end of the night i have enough calories for a bowl of frosted flakes with milk because i get hungry around 10pm.
    I also noticed a difference by making my lunch mostly salads during the week. (side salad with a sandwhich or a big salad).
    Plain water or with a squeeze of lime.

do you crave anything specific or is it just the hunger feeling/pain?

You can do it, you just need to figure out what is causing it. I found out sometimes it is just thirst and other times is just i am hungry and need more food that day. sometimes it is just anxiety, so if i find something that i can chew on for a bit then i can battle both.

Depression is hard and when you see your body change on top of that it makes it feel worse. Hang in there and check with your doctor to make sure that the medicine you have is actually helping you. I have been there and had one that helped and lots that didn't. I felt a big difference when i started being able to sleep better by taking melatoni.

Let your doctor know that the depression medicine or the diet pills or both may not be working. It does take a while to get the right combination.

good luck
  • ddmathis2
    Options
    how do I open my diary?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Please be careful with appetite suppressants and depression. If it's a stimulant, then it will affect your serotonin levels. If you got the suppressants from your MD, then make sure he/she is aware of your depression issues. Your serotonin will soar while taking them, but will plummet off a cliff if you cut them off, so be careful and keep open dialog with your doctor about anything unusual.

I agree with the post above about healthy fats. Half a serving of peanuts is all I need to stave off my hunger for a couple of hours. I would also increase your protein. There have been many studies that show a high protein diet will increase your serotonin, which is what makes you happy. Additionally, regular exercise will help keep your serotonin levels up.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    A few months ago...Nothing curved my appetite and I was seriously considering surgery UNTIL an angel came to my rescue and suggested this website. IT CAN BE DONE...YOU CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT! The only thing that is absolutely certain is that if you close your eyes and do NOTHING...the weight will continue to pile on.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    how do I open my diary?

MY HOME -> Settings -> Diary Settings
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Are you on more than just an antidepressant? Some kind of mood stabilizer? That stuff is ROUGH when it comes to weight loss...it's not like just being on an antidepressant. Have you tried other meds?