:( Too much food

Options
Ayriz
Ayriz Posts: 18 Member
So, I had a little campout last night and there was a lot of food.
I decided to indulge in a little, but... I ate a little too much.
Does that ruin my overall effort to weight loss? Health?

I'm not sure. It was mostly junk food and yeah. Then today I had nachos but I haven't ate much today...

I guess my question is...
Did this overeating ruin my efforts?

Replies

• runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Only if you're going to continue to overeat everyday. One day at a time! Make tomorrow a good day :happy:
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    One bad day has absolutely no effect on weight loss or health in the long run. Just don't make it a habit :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That's a question you need to ask yourself. Will this be a constant occurance? If so, then the answer is probably yes. But if you can log it, be accountable, put it behind you and eat healthy from tomorrow on, then no, you will be fine. :)
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    They call it junk food for a reason...but don't worry about it. If you were self-conscious about a campout barbeque, you will never live. I have lost 7 lbs this week, so I am celebrating with beer, football, cake and spaghetti. I love it!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Also I want to add that losing weight is supposed to improve the quality of life. Not take away from it. If I went to a BBQ with my friends I would enjoy the time and some of the yummy food that comes along with it.

I wouldn't suggest not eating the day after either. Make sure you eat enough today! That can turn into a binge/starve cycle and boy is that a nasty habit
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    What I do is fill my kitchen with nothing but stuff that has substance, i.e.- Chicken, veggies, eggs, almondmilk, salad, fruits, yogurt (mmm yogurt). Then, you can have the "good" stuff on a night out, or at the folks house. This will influence you because you cant afford to eat takeout every night, but you would be choosing chicken and veggies over mac n cheese.

FYI.....to stick to a diet, avoid anything that is mixed in a box or says "just add water", usually is not too good. The only boxed stuff I have is......hmm, cant think of anything. Maybe my Almondsense almond milk?
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What I do is fill my kitchen with nothing but stuff that has substance, i.e.- Chicken, veggies, eggs, almondmilk, salad, fruits, yogurt (mmm yogurt). Then, you can have the "good" stuff on a night out, or at the folks house. This will influence you because you cant afford to eat takeout every night

ditto ^
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track. There will be days when you are over or make bad choices. Don't let these days become the norm and you will be fine.
  • Ayriz
    Ayriz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ^_^

haha yeah... I have this guilt when I overeat
    Not good :(