Starving HELP!!!

Options
SO I didnt eat that much but my cal intake is up there but I am so hungry. What could I eat that is filling!??

Replies

• oAngieMaeo
    Options
    How about a yummy salad?? Lots of veggies! And maybe even a hard boiled egg?
  • ticej88
    Options
    cucumber, red bell pepper, dill, and white balsamic vinegar ,,, SO yummy, and you can eat as much as you want
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I always go for a can of chicken 300 calories 50 grams of protein.

cucumber, red bell pepper, dill, and white balsamic vinegar ,,, SO yummy, and you can eat as much as you want sounds good to
  • pdmitch
    Options
    You need to eat small meals several times a day. For at least the first week or two, try some of the meals like smart ones, healthy choice or lean cuisine. Space those out 3 times a day with a low calorie snack between, and you'll get your appitite under control. I know how hard those cravings are, but you just have to stick with it and drink a lot of water or tea. Once you are past the initial phase you will feel a lot better and not near as hungry. You'll actually start to get full with the smaller and healthier meals. Good luck, Paul
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    When I get cravings and don't have a lot of calories left I chomp on some ice cubes or brush my teeth, that usually helps! Otherwise, eat something and exercise afterwards, using up some of those calories!
  • rajekred
    Options
    My favorite thing to eat is cereal! I can usually have a full bowl (2 cups cereal 1 cup 1% milk or skim) and its 300 calories or less. If you just want it for a snack, cut that in half! Also, plan your meals and food ahead. You can look up the calories so you know what you can eat, then you won't eat too many at one time and the rest of the day be super hungry. :smile:

Good Luck! April
  • MarshJulie1989
    Options
    squash. chock full of fiber, low on calories (like 12 for a whole squash!)
  • mackisax
    Options
    I find that a large salad with olive oil/ balsamic vinegar keeps me full most of the day. Put in some type of cheese ( I use feta or mozarella stick),and any veges or beans you like. Takes a while to chew and stays with you.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Had a tasty salad. :drinker: Also I do eat small meals and they were uber smart. I know how to eat and eat well. See woman have these things call a period; It makes you want/need to eat everything in sight and it is very hard to control. Thus I was looking for low cal ideas. Thank you guys for the help.
  • mh3939
    mh3939 Posts: 12
    Options
    100 calorie Orvel Reddenbacher popcorn.
  • bethie0828
    bethie0828 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try scrambled eggs...6 egg whites, tbsp water (or skim milk if you prefer). Use canola or similar cooking spray in the pan.
    105 calories and 24 grams of protein, 0 fat.
  • dizzy4donuts
    dizzy4donuts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Make a low cal soup with canned tomatoes, parsnips, garlic, celery, onion, tomato paste, carrots, green beans, cabbage (chopped), frozen spinach, mushrooms...any non-starch, low cal veggie and add a little basil. I make a big batch which I can eat plain when I get really hungry in the afternoon or you can add beans, vegetable protein, lean meat to vary the taste for a meal. It's very filling and only about 40 calories per cup. Somehow the heat fills me up more. Popcorn (94% fat free Orville Redenbacher - add spray butter and then you can sprinkle cinnamon sugar, salt or parmesan cheese on it. A whole big bag is only 113 calories)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Diizy4donuts... I love that user name lol