One battling overeater looking for others out there......

Options
dorite7
dorite7 Posts: 27 Member
Looking for more friends to help keep me accountable for my actions. I can't be trusted to be alone and I'm not afraid to ask for help!! I've been struggling with overeating since my early teen years so its not just simply a case of "Oh she just needs to go on a diet and all will be fine!!".....its deeper than that.

I'm hoping that there are more people out there with the same struggles as me so we can work together and help each other out!! I'm willing to put forth the extra effort if you are too! Hope to hear from many......Thx! :)

Replies

• maddiezoellner
    maddiezoellner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know that this is the core of my problem. I've had problems with other addictions in the past, but this has been the hardest battle to fight. I can not control my overeating. I eat compulsively until I am sick. I am not at the heaviest I have ever been (not counting when I was pregnant). I'd love to have a buddy to be accountable to! Good luck in your efforts!
  • loufranks
    loufranks Posts: 45
    Options
    Hello from a long-time binge-eater! I am also looking for support as I try to change my thoughts about food and learn to exert some control over food. I've been doing this 2 weeks now, everything is going well but I know that I'm soon going to hit a wall and need some support.

I totally understand what you said about the issue running deeper than just going on a diet. I have been trying to get my doctor to "get that" for ages. i've finally decided to just go it alone, I'm fed up of battling a system which sees obesity as a cause of illness and not a result of other issues!

Sending a friend request to you both!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I too am an recovering over-eater, and addict of a few vices. I would eat until I could feel the walls of my stomach stretching, then wait for that feeling to go away and eat some more. It's so sad to feel out of control but the truth is we are the only ones in control. We have to be strong and we have to make the right choices. Easier said than done, but that's what supportive friends are for. Let's guide and encourage each other.

One day at a time!

Just say no!

It's funny to be using those mottos towards food rather than drugs or alcohol but all addiction is the same at the core. What we really need to do is target the event/emotion at the core of the addiction and confront those feelings/issues.

I'm here to talk if you need :)
  • jajve5
    jajve5 Posts: 3
    Options
    i am not alone!! food is the temporary comfort that i hate in the morning when i put on my clothes and look in the mirror..i often ask myself why i do it..it comes down to how i am feeling..bored, anxious or in need of comfort..food is the one thing that never rejects me and always is there to help me swallow my feelings..ohhhhhhhhh so sad..iam a smart, strong, loving, caring woman. iam short person but i have a huge heart..have no malice or hatred ..i have beautiful eyes and skin and although i am 42 lbs overweight most people think i am 15 yrs younger..however i cannot enjoy or live to the fullest my life because of this addiction..can we explore this problem and help each other?
  • srhode12
    srhode12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love to eat when I'm happy, sad, bored, tired, stressed, pretty much anytime. I also could out eat my brothers and hubby...not a good thing :( Let's get healthy together!
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Finally found people who think like me. thought I may have been the only one out there that loves food, thinks about it all the time. I started doing great on here a little while back, but got to the point if I knew I went over my calories I would not log into my daily counter. I am ready to get myself what I deserve and finding friends to be accountable with might just help me!
  • alisonjane7
    Options
    hey! ive been struggling with a overeating disorder for a while and i over exercise to balance it out. i have tried every diet and every way to stop and just eat like a normal person but can't. i'm really looking for a group or somebody to keep me accountable! help!
  • breakthecycle
    breakthecycle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to attempt to support another food addict like myself. I'd sadly coming off a 2 week binge that has left me with a 16 pound gain and LOTS of nasty I'm pathetic feelings. I have yet to get to goal and I've gained back over 100lbs 2x but trying VERY hard to stay in Onederland and NEVER go back to the Terrible twos and worse the Terrifying threes!!! Take a look at my profile and sent a friend request if you'd like. This crap sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you and I have 100 pounds to lose. Anybody feel free to add me. We can do this!!!
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Crystal, I am an over eater. I binge, especially when alone at night. I eat everything I can fit into my . Like right now. I want to go eat the bag of hot dogs, half cookie cake, and all the other treats the people I live with leave out in the kitchen. Sooooooooo I am avoid the kitchen like its on fire.

Feel free to add me
  • susulani
    susulani Posts: 17
    Options
    You are NOT alone! If you see what I put on my profile you will see that I have the same problem, and trying to explain to my skinny friend who is not in love with food is very difficult. She just doesn't understand why I can't stop eating the bad stuff....it is so nice to meet others who have the same challenges and I was super impressed with the 27 pound loss!!!! Awesome job. That is no small accomplishment be proud!
  • susulani
    Options
    So over not logging in when I blow it-Jeez how do we lie to ourselves??!! We KNOW we go over and what ?- think if we don't write it down it doesn't show on the hips and the scale????
  • 31kelly
    31kelly Posts: 8
    Options
    You found at least one in me. I have a major issue with overeating. I am a huge emotional eater. Pretty much any emotion and I find myself wanting to eat.
  • 31kelly
    31kelly Posts: 8
    Options
    I have about the same amount of weight to lose myself. Maybe we could help each other.
  • Dolcelover
    Dolcelover Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I called my french door ss fridge my "lover" since late at night I could go to him open up his "arms" (aka doors) and be in heaven!
    I totally understand and maybe we can help each other!!
    We have lived in 3 different provinces in the past 10 years and I am a quiet person who takes a long time to make friends. Well people friends anyway. Food has always been there for me.. guess that is my problem!
    But time for a change and we can do this!
  • susulani
    Options
    let's make that the group name....