question about going over on my calories

Options
I am going to be going way over on my calories today, because it is my husband's birthday, and we are going out to our favorite restaurant. I am wondering if it would help fix today's damage, and not eat my exercise calories tomorrow.:blushing:

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    It may do some help.. be sure to drink lots of extra water if what your taking in today is high in sodium. Water weight can be a big bummer
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How about you compromise, spread it out and only eat half of your exercise calories for the next two workouts. That way you won't be starving.
  • jiminoregon
    jiminoregon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A day over now and then never sets me back. As a matter of fact...it keeps me motivated! Thanksgiving and Christmas I ate what I wanted...ok I overate...but I got right back at it...and all is well.

Just remember you can't keep declaring one or two days a week as special.... :wink:

Just noticed your pic of Mirror Lake...I'm in Clackamas...
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    it actually tricks your metabolism going over on calories every once in awhile ... i say go enjoy your dinner and dont worry about it
  • PBIGGINS
    Options
    My problem is beer on the weekends. I don't drink during the week but I do like my beer on Friday & Saturday. I can do very well during the week am I wasting my time if I drink on the weekend???????:cry:
  • dizzy4donuts
    dizzy4donuts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. If you can get a copy of the menu online it may help to make a dinner choice ahead of time. Eat soup before you leave home so you're not starving. Try to eat only half your dinner & doggy bag the rest. Just have a smaller piece of cake. Lite beer or a single glass of wine. A big deterrent for me is to see how many calories are in many of those restaurant entrees. Most are over 1,000 calories.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    might be too late but my suggestion is to ask for a to go box and box up half of your meal right away that way you are eating only half. It is always enough and will help you not go over by too much. and I would say just work out extra tommorow if you need too.