Anyone with a daily goal of around 1230 cal, pls help...

Options
2»

Replies

• cshelgol1
    cshelgol1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am eating about 1200 to 1250 per day. I have opted to use slimfast low carb 3,2,1, shakes. It really helps balance out the day. Plenty of water 2 or 3 snacks depending on how big my heavy meal was, and one heavy meal. I use the shake for breakfast and it actually helps with hunger for 4 hours. Then i will have a nice chicken salad for lunch, a no cal beverage, plenty of water. then another snack and a nice dinner, and a shake and lots of water if i get hungry again.
  • mts3779
    mts3779 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HI

What I try to do is eat foods that are filling and will not have me snacking all day due to hunger pangs.

Take breakfast.... I will have a toasted English muffin, hard boiled egg or some fruits, english muffin, left over meat from the night before. I try to keep all my meals under 300 calories.

I pretty much stay in my range and I record everyhing and I do not cheat
    In stead of 2 slices of whole wheat when I make a sandwich, I eat one slice. :happy: I totally stay away from any kind of sweets. Not even candy. I drink 1/2 my weight in oz of water. So since I am 190 pounds now I drink about 12 glasses of water a day. I lost 5 pounds my first week and now I have changed my calories to 1.700 a day and that equals out to about 2 pounds a week. 1.200 calories was not enough for me to eat in a day. I have not had any soda since I started my program. You have no idea how badly I was one too!!!! I used to be a Pepsi addict. :-) I also eat a lot of fruit through out the day. That is my sweet filler. Plus they are very low in everything. I also consume an Activa a day. Usally mid day. At dinner I just take it easy with my servings. I eat more vegetables then meat. I do not have any bread. I drink a glass of water before each meal and it helps you feel fuller. Wow your page is telling that you lost 53 pounds!!!! WOW. Good for you. I do eat 3 meals a day and I snack like I said on fruit.
    Hope this helps.
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Dont know how much this will help but I figured out just recently that if I eat a breakfast with high protein-an egg, then fiber, a fruit-then do my walk before starting my day, I will have a "buffer" two to three hundred calories to spare and still stay within calorie goal. Pack healthy, already calorie counted snacks in my purse or an insulated lunch bag in car. Almonds (unsalted) about 10, frozen grapes, sliced apples with lemon juice to keep them from browning-freeze bottled water 1-4 bottles, . The less you go into convenience stores the less temptation...and way cheaper then buying drinks and snacks on the run. 7-11 sugar free large slurpees really help me thru cravings too. Hope this helps. PS the frozen bottles keep fruit and veggie snacks cold and crisp in a lunch bag, and protein packed hard boiled eggs too.
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    -I eat a lot of the same things I ate before MFP I just watch the portions and only eat the really bad stuff if I'm really, really craving it (I love old fashioned doughnuts!). I think it's better to make small changes to your diet than to completely change it right off the bat. That way it's easier to make it a habit instead of just giving up and going back.

-I don't have a standard number of meals. I eat when I'm hungry.

-Average cal meal is usually around 200-300, sometimes dinners get a little more epic 500-800, so I workout more or eat a little less the rest of the day.

-I drink water. Sometimes I have coffee or tea and I go light on the sugar ( I won't do fake sugar, yuck!). Every once in a while I'll have my favorite Cherry Coke, but I don't keep it in the house so that I'm tempted all the time.

-I'm a singer, so I have always been pretty good about water. At least 8 glasses every day.

-I stay under my calorie goal, but I eat back my exercise calories. I try to leave about 300-200 left every day, so I don't eat all of my exercise calories.

-I try to walk at least an hour every day at a pretty fast pace. It burns a lot of cals without much risk of injury and it's easy.

-I usually burn about 600 cal a day, it started out close to 1000 though, doing the same exercise.

-I have lost 36lbs in 7 months.

My advise is to take it slow. If you have a lot to lose, going slower will help your skin keep up with your weight loss instead of flopping so much =) Don't let yourself feel deprived. If you want chocolate ice cream, eat chocolate ice cream! Just work it off with oversize or fit it into your calorie budget. Also, if the 1230 cal limit is driving you crazy then change it. I lost a lot more weight in the beginning with 1200 cal limit, but after a while I started going a bit crazy and was getting depressed because I felt like I was hungry all the time. If I had kept going like that I probably would have just quit. So I changed my cal limit to 1400, I think, and I just tried to leave more cals at the end of the day. I played around with it a bit, and now I keep it at 1300 but I probably only eat 1200 of that ( with bonus exercise cals figured in). Just remember that it takes time, especially if you want to be able to stay at your goal weight and not end up right where you started all over again. Do what gets you results and doesn't make you crazy.
  • Soann
    Soann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies!!! :))) I'm going to take time and read each one of them and learn something from experiences. Thnx a lot!! :))
  • cassiee1234
    cassiee1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    > What do you eat generally? Lots of protein. Eggs, chicken...
    > How many meals do you take? 5. 3 main and 2 small
    > What is average cal per meal for you? around 250-300. Depending on what im eating. if I know im going to have a big dinner, i'll eat smaller meals throughout the day to compensate
    > What are the beverages that you usually have in a day? Water, water and more water. If I feel I need something sweet i'll have a cup of tea or a glass of phoenix branded juice. It's organic so no bad stuff in it.
    > How many glasses of water do you drink in a day? I try to drink at least 5
    > Do you stay within your goal cal, or above it? I usually stay within my calorie goal. If I go over I make sure I cancel myself out to atleast 0 remaingin for the day with my exercise at the end of the day.
    > What exercise do you do? Walking on the tredmill and cycling. I also do a series of weight machines and floor exercises for my abdominals
    > How many hours do you workout in a day? Around 1
    > How many days do you workout in a week? Around 5. But if I go to the gym on the weekend it would be around 6
    > On an average how many cals do you burn in a day? 200
    > Has your answers to the above questions helped you lose weight? Yes
    > If yes then, how many kg/lbs and in what time frame? The first time I was on the weight loss wagon it took my body about a month of exercising and good eating before I started loosing weight. But after that I was loosing at least 500 grams a week. It took me about 2 months to shift the annoying 4-5 kgs that wouldnt move