Boo :( Lost 30 pounds, still look gross

Options
SO it is to be expected. I have lost 30 pounds since I got home from the hospital after having my fourth child. My body has been like a deflated (and very stretch-marked) balloon for over 7 years now. My first daughter really REALLY did me in. Sigh.

Anyway, I was just looking at my before and after pics of my 30 pound lost and my belly from the side hardly looks different. My butt and thighs seem smaller, my face looks thinner, etc.. but OF COURSE the one thing that I wish looked semi-normal is looking gross still. I honestly doubt it will EVER (EVER) look even remotely good without some surgery.

Just having a bit of a pity party. I'm still planning on keeping up my work on calorie counting, breastfeeding, and I've started a 90 day fitness challenge doing Turbo Jam and probably Turbo Fire next. I just wish I could look decent in a 2 piece as some point in time.

Whine. Moan. Groan.

Replies

• fitmommy75
    fitmommy75 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I only have 2 children, but I gained about 60 lbs with my daughter and she weighed 10.6lbs. I have lost 87 lbs and my biggest problem area still tends to be my stomach. It is much better since I have been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs 5 days a week and running about 3 days per week. The only way I will ever have a true flat stomach is through surgery though. A two piece will never be in my future and I'm ok with that. I'm a stronger, healthier, more confident mom.
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any kids, but this is how I'm feeling too. I'm down 20lbs, and I don't feel like I look any different at all. I want to lose about 50 more, but this makes me think I should need to los eat least 70 more for there to be any difference. It's so chagrining.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It really has gotten me down more than I thought it would. I need to just press on and quit worrying about it. This is for my HEALTH... for my kids.
  • jlpostill
    jlpostill Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how old your youngest is but have you thought about trying something like the Belly Bandit? My youngest is 11 months and only my second child. I keep wondering if it's too late for me to try it. I've been trying to strengthen my transverse abdominals with the Tupler technique. It's intended for people with ab separation but I think it's still good for me. I think it's a lot like this bodybuilding website describes http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm . I try to do the ab exercise and kegals at the same time. I do it anywhere anytime I think of it. I have noticed some improvement and think I can get to a happy place with weightless and toning. Don't forget to drink a lot of water for your skin. Hope some of this helps :)