Let's be friends! Trying to lose the last 10-15 lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• yoobie
    yoobie Posts: 16
    Options
    A lot of people on here seem to do the insanity workout...how is it?!?! I've heard what everyone else has, that it's insane and you basically can't walk around because you're so stiff lol. Are people that are doing it just toning up with it...or using it as a weightloss tool? I thought of doing it but thought it would be better if I waited to shed some weight...inputs are appreciated!!!

I LOVE Insanity. I love that I can work out at home in just a sports bra & shorts and not feel self-conscious, I don't have to commute to the gym, it's literally 5 min to get ready and then I'm working. And I love that you can do the workouts whenever you want to (this week it's been so hot and I have been pushing it off haha so I end up doing them as late as 11pm). I love Shaun T he is very good at explaining form and is intense to keep you going. I especially love the variety in the dvd's. I did 30 day shred, but stopped at week 2 b/c the videos were just soo redundant. Insanity does repeat itself, but I find it's a good enough mix for me not to get bored. The results have been fantastic; I lost 15 pounds in 62 days, and according to the US Navy Seal body fat calculator (http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy) I went from 32% to 25% and I feel so much better. I'll put up my before & after pic in a bit.

I wasn't in shape at all when I started and did about 50-60% of the entire workout because I was wheezing and sweating profusely haha. The initial total body soreness stayed for the first 4 days and then it went away as I kept doing the workouts. You basically improve little by little every week for Month 1, and then you have your recovery week where you feel like a badass, and then you are pwned back to square one for Month 2 because it becomes even more intense lol. After Month 2, Month 1 is still quite a sweat but I can feel a definite improvement in physique, at least I can do the warmup without stopping HAHA.

The only requirement for Insanity is your dedication and willpower. If you have the will to press play and eat right every day, you will get better, you will lose weight, and you will see results. I believe in that 100%.

One thing that sold me for Insanity over other BeachBody products is actually the lack of weights. I didn't have space for them nor did I want to spend even more $$.

**Edit: Sorry WHEW I didn't realize I wrote so much.
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    i'm 5'3'' and have 16lbs left to lose, have already lost almost 30. I usually hit the gym 5-6 times a week cardio everyday and weights 4 days a week.
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I also want to lose around 10 pounds. Add me for support too if you like!
  • stalyn151
    stalyn151 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow...good to know Yoobie!! I have a lot of motivation so I think I'd have the drive to do it. I'm the type of person that would have to get up early and just do it tho, like 5am lol. If I get up and begin my day I get lazier as it goes on and if I tell myself I'll do it before bed there's a good chance I'd fall asleep haha!! Esp right now with studying all day long! But I'm going to look up the logistics and see how this works...I'm really interested in it! Thanks for the info =)

PS You can never write too much ;)

PPS Your before and after pics look GREAT!!!! =)
  • pbear1
    pbear1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'6 and have 10-14lbs to lose (have been trying for almost a year!) now I am going to track everything I eat (again) and start 30DS tomorrow. I would love to have some friends in the same position to help kick my butt and keep me motivated! Good luck to everyone!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    im 5'3 and have 20 lbs to lose but would settle with 10-15 i have also done insanity in the past and dropped 10 lbs in my 5th week right now i dont have the video set only the 20 minute fast & furious but i will be starting it again in sept since i have pcs'd my stuff wont get to my husbands duty station til then but i def need motivation =)