Nothing I do works

I have tried a lot of different things, but can't lose weight. I have been on the dysglycemic diet (supervised by naturopath), I have, for the past six weeks, had no sugar, and very limited carbs, and currently am having no grains, legumes, or starchy veggies (naturopath supervised again). Nothing. I am within my calorie limits. I have about 20 pounds I'd like to lose. I haven't been tracking for the last two weeks because it's just too darn depressing. I exercise, I drink lots of water, etc., I am just stuck.

Replies

• RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    restricting is not always good!! eat everything healthfully and in moderation, you might be shocking your body with all this low-carb sugar-free business while your body is just screaming for you to feed it! the weight will come right off in a healthy way if you give your body what it wants. our bodies run exclusively on GLUCOSE which is sugar! don't be scared of some healthy sugar now and then (fruit) especially when you're craving it, you're craving it for a reason! i lost the most weight on a balanced diet (equal parts fat protein and carbs, eating according to what i craved) and i never had junk cravings or binging urges because of it.

that's just my 2 cents tho, good luck with the weight loss ! and dont give up
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    change up your workouts, do some strength training and also change your menu too.
  • jshinoff
    jshinoff Posts: 25 Member
    I have tried a lot of different things, but can't lose weight. I have been on the dysglycemic diet (supervised by naturopath), I have, for the past six weeks, had no sugar, and very limited carbs, and currently am having no grains, legumes, or starchy veggies (naturopath supervised again). Nothing. I am within my calorie limits. I have about 20 pounds I'd like to lose. I haven't been tracking for the last two weeks because it's just too darn depressing. I exercise, I drink lots of water, etc., I am just stuck.

It is likely your calorie numbers are off, the estimated BMR could be high, your actual intake could be underestimated, and/or your activity burn could be overestimated. Any of these things could lead to you thinking a calorie deficit exists when it doesn't.
  • Thechubbygrl
    Thechubbygrl Posts: 9 Member
    I think you need to step away from your scale. It's not all about weight loss remember. How do you feel once cutting out all of those inflammatory sugars and grains? How are your pants fitting? Are you being honest in your diet? Are you substituting lots of "sugar free" processed foods in it's place? Because those will keep the fat on you. Make sure you're eating plenty of fats. Good fats like coconut oil and the fat off of grass fed meats. How much do you weigh?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I see a lot of these types of posts and for myself, who claimed the same thing, I wasnt truly being honest about what I was consuming. When I got real, the weight started coming off.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    I see a lot of these types of posts and for myself, who claimed the same thing, I wasnt truly being honest about what I was consuming. When I got real, the weight started coming off.

This. Log everything and open your diary. Be accountable to yourself. Lift weights.
  • volamena
    volamena Posts: 30
    Hi, I have the same problem,about 20 pounds to lose, always within my calorie limit but the weight won't come off...so this week I tried longer exercise (45 to 75mn) but with a low heart beat...and lost 1lb I know it's not a lot but I hope it's just a start.
  • You_Can_Be
    You_Can_Be Posts: 26 Member
    I struggle too, but have found that if I stick to the really hard weight loss category on Fitbit (not fitness pal - it won't let you lose so much so fast), and that if I scrupulously weigh my food (a pain I know), every last gram of fat sugar, milk everything that I do lose weight.
    I went on holiday last week and I had to estimate wights and foods in restaurants etc an I put on 2 lb.'s as a result of estimating rather than weighing. The truth is in the pudding:D and the scales. Good luck.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Open your food journal -- then we can give you better advice. 99.99999% of the time when someone says "nothing works" it means they are (1) consuming too many simple carbs (e.g., sugars) or (2) consuming too many calories. In rarer cases you might have PCOS or a thyroid disorder, but those STILL respond to #1 and #2.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    How much you eating, what exercise, what weight now, how tall, etc etc.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    The reasons why nothing works is too deep and complex to answer without seeing your diary, but you say
    "supervised by naturopath" like it is somekind of medical supervision. It's not, you are being supervised by a quack, a seller of snake oil, a conman. You may as well be supervised by the guy who lubes your car, or packs your bag at the local store. Open your diary, buy a set of kitchen scales, get outside and walk/run/cycle, eat less. do more and given time, you will lose weight.