Gross...

Options
I have been doing really well again now for about two weeks and decided to give myself a free day to eat whatever I wanted. This morning I had a maple glazed donut for breakfast with my coffee and for lunch I had a Taco John's Super Potato Ole with sour cream. Now, I just feel nasty. I can feel the fat and sugar coarsing through my viens. I think I'll stick to fruit and green tea the rest of the night. Can't stand to eat anything else. Has anyone else had a similar experience???

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well again now for about two weeks and decided to give myself a free day to eat whatever I wanted. This morning I had a maple glazed donut for breakfast with my coffee and for lunch I had a Taco John's Super Potato Ole with sour cream. Now, I just feel nasty. I can feel the fat and sugar coarsing through my viens. I think I'll stick to fruit and green tea the rest of the night. Can't stand to eat anything else. Has anyone else had a similar experience???

OH YA! Believe me, you are CERTAINLY NOT ALONE!:wink: You'll find loads of us here who have done the same thing! :grumble: :sick: I have days when I go WAY overboard with either fried foods or WAY too many desserts! :sick:
    But, thanks to MFP, I get right back on track, as I'm sure you'll do tomorrow, too! :bigsmile: :happy:
  • bby_baer
    Options
    Yep! Same thing here...Your body gets so used to the healthy fruits and veggies, that the sweets and other junk food don't even taste that good anymore and do not agree with your body at all. The cravings you once had for ice cream or potato chips, have now turned into craving a really good salad loaded with lots of yummy AND healthy foods. I look at it as your bodies way of reminding you of how hard you have been working toward your weight/health goals and how stupid it would be to blow it just for a quick indulgence! It's kinda like a slap upside the head saying "Do NOT do that again!!"
  • repete11
    Options
    Yep! Same thing here...Your body gets so used to the healthy fruits and veggies, that the sweets and other junk food don't even taste that good anymore and do not agree with your body at all. The cravings you once had for ice cream or potato chips, have now turned into craving a really good salad loaded with lots of yummy AND healthy foods. I look at it as your bodies way of reminding you of how hard you have been working toward your weight/health goals and how stupid it would be to blow it just for a quick indulgence! It's kinda like a slap upside the head saying "Do NOT do that again!!"

Good call!