This time, it will work!

Options
Hi I'm Sarah. I've tried myfitnesspal before, but I never got results, and I'm starting to think that it's because I never had any support so it was always too easy for me to slip away without anybody slapping me (metaphorically) in the head. I'm fairly private about my weight with my friends and family, probably because I'm not too proud of it, so there is no support there. I'm just looking to make some connections that will hopefully keep me on track this time and help me lose 40 pounds. Which honestly to me sounds fairly impossible having never lost any weight before. However, That doesn't mean I'm not going to try! 3 weeks in, and no scale, so I'll just keep logging and hope I see results soon! :-)

Replies

• 13directions
    Options
    Good luck! You definitely CAN do it - there are so many inspiring stories here. I know what you mean about being private with family/friends. Only 1 friend knows what I weigh in real life, but here it's really helpful to share my weight, my exercise, what I've lost, etc. Keep it up!
  • kidchewy2
    kidchewy2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm excited, I think for the first time, and not just dreading how much work this will take!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend I'll reach out with my computer arm and slap you...get you back on track...it can be done.
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    Hi Sarah. We all need to be disciplined at some point (LOL). I log in many times daily and love to support my friends and to be supported by them too. Opened food and workout diary....no needed to hide anything and not peefect eather. Not vegetarian. Feel free to add me if you want. :).