Hi I'm new! I'm trying to loose 50-60 lbs!

Options
Hi everyone I'm Amelia and I'm 191 lbs and 5'5. I've never been happy with my body. I've always been fat. I've never had kids yet I have stretch marks. I don't want to put money on my weight loss anymore, pills shakes, nothing is working for me. I want to do this the natural way, but I'm not sure where to start! I want to weigh around 125-130 lbs. Has anyone found a routine that works for them and are seeing results rather quickly? Feel free to share!

Replies

• SavannahB97
    Options
    Hi! I started at about 250, and am already at about 238 in just about 2 weeks. I am much bigger than you, which will make it easier to drop weight :p but feel free to add or message me for support or advice/ tips my goal is to lose almost 100 lbs!
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started last Wednesday at 199 lbs and I'm 6'0. In a weeks time I have lost 6 lbs. What has worked for me is having 5 mini meals a day, 6-8 glasses of water and I do a 30 minute workout and in total a day I take a walk which consists of being around an hour and a half to 2 hours a day. I break it up, like it takes me about 35 - 40 minutes to walk home from work which is about 2 and a half kilometres and then I take my dog out for a walking the evening which not only is good for my weight loss, but he also loves the time with me. Last thing I do is I belly dance. When I'm getting ready for the day I will put the music on and belly dance.

Again these are just things that work for me, but I would recommend doing exercises or a routine that is fun. If you are having fun it honestly will not feel like a work out and you'll make sure that you do it. I hope that this helps and I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. :)
  • onesexyhawaiian
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4" and started this week Sunday at 178 lbs... Im also trying to be about 125ish lbs... Today I did my first weigh in and I already lost about 4 lbs... I basically cut really fatty foods... My boyfriend and I love to eat fast food, so instead of getting my normal meals, I get either a kids meal or a salad.. Just choosing the "better" food (even though both of them might not be GREAT choices) seem to be working well for me! Also, do "fun" things rather than"working out"... I live in Hawaii, so for the past week I've gone to beach and done a few hikes... Focusing on stuff like that seems to be working for me without having to call it exercise! Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on you're journey!! (:
  • ortega144
    Options
    Wow that's a lot of weight in a little bit of time, congrats & dont give up! Cheering you on to make your goal!
  • ortega144
    Options
    That's really good! Sounds like a fun routine! A big part of weight loss is water, & im really bad with it, i can go days without drinking water! Which is probobly why I'm always gaining weight! Living off soda and juice isn't gonna cut it! I'm gonna try to drink about 8 cups a day! They say drinking a cup before meal is a good idea since its makes you a bit less hungry before you eat! And I usually have 2 big meals a day, which isn't good!
  • ortega144
    Options
    Neat! Cutting down on the foods I love is going to be hard! I'm going to be extremely tough on myself though with absolutely no sugar or junk food! I'm drawing the line and I'm done being overweight! Hopefully all you ladies meet your goals! Goodluck to all of you! :)
  • Spitbubblr
    Options
    I started at 211 pounds in November 2011 and currently sit at about 145-150 pounds. I began going on light 10 minute jogs daily and doing small ab workouts, and cutting out all snacks (sometimes I do have treats), changing my coffee additives and if I really needed soda, I would go for diet. I do 60 minutes of cardio 4-6 times a week, and a bunch of the biggest loser exercises. You can do it if you put your mind to it :-))
  • orkilatrish
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I have found that getting a pedometer actually motivates me to move my butt more. My goal is 10,000 steps minimum a day, a lot of which comes from being on the elliptical at the gym or going dancing, but it also gives you credit for the little walks all day long, like parking farther away from where you're going or walking to work/school instead of driving or riding the bus, walking the dog, taking stairs instead of an elevator etc. I've also tried to eat fewer carbs since these are my major weakness. I'm down 3lbs this week, so it seems to be going ok so far!
  • dani1421
    Options
    Hi, I'm new at this too. Just started today. I'm 5'7 and currently at 100kgs, so maybe over 200lbs. I've been big all my life too, but
    after a few kids the weight is just piling on. This site is great. Awesome that people of all sizes and experiences can help and support each other. I've had two workouts today, hoping to workout again tonight. Not extreme workouts, just what I can handle. Anyway, I hope all goes well with what you are doing and don't give up. . . .
  • Jishmeister
    Options
    I'm also 5'5.5 and my highest weight ever was 197. So we have similar stats. My goal is also around 130 pounds. Send me a friend request if you want. =]
  • Mrsbouff
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new and want to lose 40 pounds, I got married last year and sadly I put on 20 pounds. I knew it was time to start a workout program to lose the weight. I started last week (doing zumba and turbo fire) wish me luck! and good luck to all of you!! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • ortega144
    Options
    I've heard very good things about the beach body videos! I was thinking of trying insanity! Keep working hard! I went on a good job two days ago but I wasn't breathing very well, so I lagged on it today. I need motivation. :(
  • simpletiff
    Options
    Welcome , trust me this site will help u a lot :) I wish u a great weight loss journey
  • ortega144
    Options
    Thanks! Really want to reach my goal as soon and healthy as possible :)
  • lrb257
    lrb257 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello...
    I am new as well. You stated that you walk and belly dance. What do you about your food intake. Do you follow any low sodium meal plan, count calories, or any of those things?

I have started walking on the treadmill and just dancing but I am struggling with my food intake.
  • showard1988
    Options
    hi im sam, im new i had a baby three weeks ago and im wanting to lose the baby weight not looking into drastic weight loss and starving myself just miss my old figure, im 5"10 and 176lbs ive already lost 7lbs in a week and thats just cutting out junk food i want to get back to 147lbs which is what i was before i fell pregnant if anyones got any tips or meal plans they'd like to share :)
  • ortega144
    Options
    I'd go on an easy jog early in the morning, afternoon do the beach body insanity video and before bed do some jumping jacks situps butt excersises, maybe watch a movie while lifting dumbells, stay active throughout the day and drink lots of water!
  • kalmsmom
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I am new to this site and wanted to introduce myself!! My name is Leaghia. I am 5"4 and weigh 190. I have been down to 160 the last 2 years and had surgery and was unable to work out. I am cleared and ready to go again. I put in all my information and am supposed to be eating 1200 calories. WOW!! Not sure I can do this!! Anyway, thought I would stop by and say hi to everyone and will be uploading pics soon Not that I want all of you to see them, but it is nice to have a starting point. What is everyones main struggle? Mine is food and eating the right food!! I am a junk food junkie! What is everyones best workout? I would just like to get some new ideas!
  • ortega144
    Options
    Hi Leaghia! Good to hear that your ready to start your weightloss journey! I also struggle with the food. I complete my excercise & bam! Family has a BBQ with chips, soda and ribs. I always cave in! Jogging early in the morning like 4Am is a struggle but it's good for energy throughout the day so you can workout some more in the afternoon or so on! I also like doing late night simple yoga and situps. If you have an iPhone or iPad you should defibatley download the free app "Daily Abs" there's more daily Excersises that work wonders as well!