I've lost 100 lbs

Options
Who hates me now? lol. I have lost 100 lbs, my heaviest weight was 260lbs, I did get down to 154lbs, and right now I've been between 160lbs-170lbs for the last 3 months. My greatest accomplishment was running a full marathon back in October of last year (42.5kms). My real name is Grant Thorpe and I'm on the web-site for the Toronto Goodlife Marathon, pictures, times and all that great stuff.

Basically I'm a movie star as well, it's a joke. But, if you have seen the movie/documentary Sicko by Michael Moore, then you've seen me. I'm a Canadian and I made it into the movie totally by accident, I have the whole screen to myself for about 10 seconds of the movie. I weighted about 260lbs in that movie so when I saw myself on the big screen at the movie theatre I was like "holy shi+, I'm fat", lol. After seeing that, and really becoming so unhappy with the way I looked and felt I decide to change my life.

I should also mention I am a long haul truck driver and I travel about 2500 miles a week which means I sit on my *kitten* all day right? Well, not all day but on average I drive about 11 hours a day, 4 days a week. So, I've been a truck driver for 6 years (since 2004). In 2008, I decided I was going to change my life around(physically) by losing weight a healthy way. To this day I haven't taken any drugs, and no surgeries to lose weight or even for loose skin(I don't have any).

I lost weight the hard and long way, regular exercise and eat less and healthy foods. Anyway, if anyone reads this and is interested I can go on if you'd like.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: congrats on the 100 pounds :wink:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Wow congrats!!! Huge accomplishment and I'm sure you're proud you did it all with hard work :)
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!
  • Oldroller
    Options
    Way to go! If you can drop 100 lbs. then I'm encouraged that I can lose the 40 lbs. I'm shooting for. You're right, it's about eating the right foods, the right amount and the dreaded exercise. Once again, congrats on the achievement!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • Morgy722
    Morgy722 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great! Congrats on running the marathon too that is definitely something to be proud of.
  • LeeshaLR
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is a huge effort! That is certainly a great motivation for me to get on with my weight loss.

So can you give some details of the food and exercise regime you had? What kept you motivated?
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congrats!!!!:drinker:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! That is amazing! You are a true innspirations to us all, thank you for sharing your story!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Awesome!
  • wwinston
    Options
    That's an awesome accomplishment. How often did you exercise since you're a trucker?
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And of COURSE we're interested...tell us more!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You can totally keep talking about it too - this is such a great accomplishment! You are so inspiring!

Great job on the Marathon! I want ton run one in a few years. :smile: