New :)

Options
Hi guys :)

I joined MFP a month ago but never used it and lost hope. Now I know how to use it, I am back on track!

Would love to meet all of you and motivate each other! I have 20 kg to lose by end of Dec, which is about a kg a week. I've NEVER counted calories before so this is a first for me!! Hope I get it right :)

Going to train at gym 4 times a week.

How are you all doing? Nice to meet u all!!! :D

Shelly

Replies

• GinaBeana1121
    GinaBeana1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

MFP is so easy to use and a great tool for weight loss. It makes it easy and sort of fun. I like to make a little competition for myself to eat a little better than I did the day before. Looking forward to supporting your sure-to-be success in the near future!
  • missmixy007
    Options
    Thanks Gina :) That is so sweet of you! :bigsmile:

Yes it seems like it is very fun!!!

Was it difficult for you to count calories in the beginning? :drinker:
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Personally, I think there are some pretty big misinformation that is given on this site sometimes (just my opinion and experience). Anyway, if you have questions, do not hesitate to ask. Wishing you much luck on your fitness journey. May you exceed all of your fitness goals!
  • GinaBeana1121
    Options
    Yeah it was, but it becomes habit very soon. MFP has a pretty big database so pretty much every food is in there.
  • Jishmeister
    Options
    Welcome aboard! MFP is really easy to use and it gets easier and easier to use because it remembers your searches and past meals. So logging in becomes an easy habit and only takes like 20 seconds. I use the iPhone app and absolutely love the multi-add feature and the barcode scanner.
  • missmixy007
    Options
    Hello Sarah :)

That sounds awesome, but what is the barcode scanner?
  • GinaBeana1121
    Options
    The barcode scanner saves my life! + The recipe function is simply wonderful.

The scanner is on the mobile app, when you go to add a food instead of typing in the name you can hit the icon to the right of the search bar and scan the barcode on the food item.
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

MFP is so easy to use and a great tool for weight loss. It makes it easy and sort of fun. I like to make a little competition for myself to eat a little better than I did the day before. Looking forward to supporting your sure-to-be success in the near future!

I complety agree with you, it is like a game, and with so many amazing people on here you really want to log in and track and see how everyone is doing.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly

Welcome to MFP and good luck with your goals.

I will give you a little insight into how good this site is, well has been for me. I started back at the gym in February and just exercised I lost 10lbs, I was talking to a work colleague and he told me about the site, I joined at the end of March and the figure down vvvv gives the total. So 52 lbs lost since I joined here and that has been mainly down to controlling what I eat to what I burn, it is a bit of a pain to start with but it gets easier and with the mobile app even better. You can scan things while you are out shopping so if the calorie count is high you don't even have to pay for it, then no dillemma about throwing things away or eating it.

Feel free to send a friend request, I am a equal opportunity motivator/supporter :happy:

Andy