What are the best Protein Shakes for weightloss?

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The answer to your thread title is none, there is no "best" protein shake for weight loss. Caloric intake and macro nutrient intake will mostly determine weight loss
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I use Max's Supershred. I am not sure if it is the 'best' protein shake for weight loss but I believe it has helped me. :)

Google it if you're interested to read up about it. Not sure if it is available where you live.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Best ones are homemade IMO. I haven't tried any out on the market, I prefer to make my own and add fresh fruit
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    yeah I hear that the best way to go is to get pure whey protein and to make the shakes purely clean and natural to avoid the artificial nasties in stuff like my Supershred shakes :P
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    The answer to your thread title is none, there is no "best" protein shake for weight loss. Caloric intake and macro nutrient intake will mostly determine weight loss

This.

Protein shakes will help rebuild muscle when you're done lifting.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi is 4 shakes per day when taken the way you recommend them. And they have artificial flavoring so I have no clue why they are more expensive than their all natural counterparts...
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I like the GNC lean 25- rich chocolate is my fave. It's 200 calories, 25 pro, 9 fiber, 3 fat.
  • tee0727
    tee0727 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not sure if there is a "best" protein shake, but I love Vi shakes from Visalus. The shake mix that tastes like cake mix!!!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I use the Kroger store brand Soy/Whey. It fits into my finances and has 125 calories, 25 protein and low on carbs....I know I should be using Whey only, but they don't make it in that brand and cannot afford any of the others. I also add cottage cheese sometimes or fat free milk for extra protein. I always use post work out and rarely for a breakfast.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

This.

I think you're all misunderstanding the point of protein shakes.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to just add some calories and you want to increase either fruits or vegetables, the Fruitein lines are really good. I usually get them on sale through the Vitamin Shop online. They are actually really tasty. I love the red fruits and the blue fruits. They even have a veg mix but I haven't tried that one.
  • kara8793
    kara8793 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good quality whey protein is full of amino acids, and can greatly benifit your body. Many will disagree but it's been proven soy protein typically isn't used by the human body. The only way it would it can be utilized as a protein is if certain enzymes were added...so skip soy. Even though technically it is a protein, it's not Bioactive as a protein for people. Hard core Weight lifters typically don't use it for a good reason.

The best whey tastes kind of gross (I think), but makes me feel alive. Mercola has great whey (and tons of info). I recently switched to Tera's chocolate way because it was cheaper but still good quality. Most whey proteins isolates use an acid process, do your research and find a happy medium you enjoy. Even the lesser quality whey will help build muscle, but the amino's may be of lesser quality. If you don't like it you won't drink it. Find something you look foward to drinking. Best of luck.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I use eas, body fortress and muscle milk. Love them all. Low carb, high protein and full of amino acids.
  • msmithjr79
    Options
    I've been cutting weight since April and and have very satisfied with PLAIN skim milk as a snack/shake/protein source/tired-of-drinking-water source... Perhaps when I'm down another 5% percent in body fat then I'll begin a whey/casein product, but for now, strictly for reducing body fat (weight loss) skim milk has been working great.
  • Aurorainthenorth
    Aurorainthenorth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Metabolic Drive from Testosterone Nation.com It is creamy, even made with milk and has alot of protien and Nutrients. I also use the EAS brand from the grocery store, the premixed shakes are nice to travel with, rather than a large can of protien powder.
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    I like Atkins protein shakes. They are very fulfilling for me that easily replace replace a meal. Can't go wrong with this shake that has 15g of protein, 1g sugar, 160 calories, 1g net carbs.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

This.

I think you're all misunderstanding the point of protein shakes.
    Agreed although many including myself neglected to mention we live a healthy lifestyle and watch macro nutrient intake.. atleast I do :-)