40 lbs gone, and it shows!

Options
KiltFuPanda
KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
Well, it's 3 months later, and I'm nearly 40 lbs down. I've been training harder and heavier than I've ever been, and my wife actually said she's noticed a change.

You know how you look at the same thing day after day and it never seems to change? Well, it took a picture to prove to myself that I'm actually doing something!

This is me at the beginning of June - big, droopy, and 370 lbs (about 10 lbs into my weight loss):

IMG_0985.jpg

This is from yesterday at the 100% Raw Powerlifting NC State Championship with my "trainers" who were competing - the one on the right is the winner NC's Strongest Man, lightweight division 2012.

IMG_1093-sm.jpg

The middle's much more tightened, the arms are showing some NICE muscle buildup, and finally I'm seeing change! And I've already committed myself to get ready to compete myself in next year's competition!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It sure does!
  • angieling3
    angieling3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can totally tell. Congrats!!!!!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! GREAT WORK!!!!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    wow! good job and yes, big difference =)
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Big difference! Keep up all your hard work!
  • falnangel1205
    Options
    awesome job...keep it up
  • KiltFuPanda
    Options
    Bottom pic got cut off - so here's a resize.

IMG_1093-sm2.jpg
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!! Keep up the good work!!! And oh I how love a man in a kilt!!! ;)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    You had me at Kilt ;)

Seriously- great job! Keep at it!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    think its time for a new pair of pants they are looking a bit baggy...congrats you look fabulous
  • KiltFuPanda
    Options
    think its time for a new pair of pants they are looking a bit baggy...congrats you look fabulous

They have to be baggy - I have 30" thighs and 22" calves. If I go for a smaller waist, I strain the seams on the legs when I sit down.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ... and love the kilt!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!