Looking at the smaller picture!!!!

Options
I generally tend to look at the long haul ahead for example the 10kgs I still need to lose and not the smaller goals I can pass to get there. So after reading a few articles on this and weightloss i've decided not to focus on the 10kgs I still need to lose but a shorter goal of getting back in the 60's. I could be 65 or 69.9kgs but i'll still be in the sixties and should and will be proud when I get there! What's your short term goal?????? :smile:

Replies

• marsbarxo
    Options
    To get down to the 140lb-range (I could be 149.9999 but it's still less than 150!). It's proving to be very difficult to get out of the 150s for whatever reason....it's just much slower going than it has been when I weighed much more.
    Good luck with your goal!!!!! :)
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've just hit the 180's (lbs), so now my goal is the 170's :wink:
  • kittyconni
    Options
    I have been stuck in the mid 160's for the past 3 weeks. I just want to see the scale in the 150's this week!
  • manenina
    manenina Posts: 71
    Options
    I just try to be happy that I'm loosing weight, even if it is 100grams at a time... I mean, it has to be better than gaining weight! Step by step we are getting to our big goals!
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    To get into Onederland!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    My next mini goal is to be lighter than my husband. So only 7 pounds to go. That will take me into the 170's But mainly I just look at the next pound.
  • Dysgu
    Dysgu Posts: 1
    Options
    That is a good way of looking at things - it's all about small steps! I have just reached the 160s so now I have to aim for the 150s. Converted though I have also just reached 11 stone (something) instead of being over 12 so that is feeling good - and it helped me say no to a bar of chocolate when I took my kids to spend some of their pocket money at the shop this morning too!
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to lose 5 lbs a month. Any downward trend is good.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My ticker says I've lost 5 pounds, but it's really only 4.5. I'm looking forward to getting below 150. I weigh in today, so cross your fingers for me.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My next mini goal is 6.2lb away. So hopefully I'll reach it in 3 weeks or under.
  • manenina
    manenina Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm soooo looking forward to reaching the 50's!!! Even if it is 59.9!!!! I'll have to keep working after that but you know, I really agree with you! Looking at the small picture is a great method, and you know, sometimes it's not such a small picture once you look at all the weight you already left behind!
  • ddcrowley
    Options
    Nicely put. :) My first goal is to get into Onederland, too!