Just finishing my first week!

sheri3762
sheri3762 Posts: 159
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
H Everyone! I haven't done an introduction so here it is......my name is Sheri LaFrancois, I'm 47, and have finally decided to do somehting about this weight gain that has snuck up on me over the last 15 years!! I need to loose about 50 pounds!! Long story regarding how it happened, but,now I just have to figure out how to loose it!! I actually did really well this week. Excercised everyday and was a little under my 1200 calorie count each day. Am having a problem keeping my protien under what I should be getting. Anyone else having this problem. I was sure carbs would be a prob, but their not, so far anyway... Best of luck to everyone! I really enjoy reading your posts! its a great motivator!!!:smile:

Replies

• llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Congratulations! I am on my second week. Good luck!
  • Welcome and good luck! Regarding the protien, the site seems to set the protien limits rather low. If you are working out as much as it sounds, you need plenty of protien! I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Good luck!
  • I just started on Monday so we are in the same boat! I also find I've been over in my protein, not really sure if it's that bad... I'm not really focusing on it unless someone tells me that it's bad? :) I'd rather focus on my calorie intake (I'm shooting for 1200 as well), exercise (walked/jogged 5 of the last 6 days!) and upping my water consumption. So far I haven't had very many challenges, just gotta keep with it! Good luck!!
  • I was also concerned about my protein intake, as I seem to consume almost twice my alloted amount. I looked up the consequences to too much protein, and they seem to vary. I thought Fitness Pal's amounts seemed low, but the information I found (on the Internet) said that an appropriate amount is your weight multiplied by .37. When I completed this calculation, the alloted amount was pretty accurate. Disappointing! :) The health concerns include too much stress on the kidneys, obesity, and possible cancer initiators.

On another note, I am also completing my first week, and I am loving it! I am ready to lose this weight!:happy:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    welcome aboard and wishing you great success in your weight loss journey
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    H Everyone! I haven't done an introduction so here it is......my name is Sheri LaFrancois, I'm 47, and have finally decided to do somehting about this weight gain that has snuck up on me over the last 15 years!! I need to loose about 50 pounds!! Long story regarding how it happened, but,now I just have to figure out how to loose it!! I actually did really well this week. Excercised everyday and was a little under my 1200 calorie count each day. Am having a problem keeping my protien under what I should be getting. Anyone else having this problem. I was sure carbs would be a prob, but their not, so far anyway... Best of luck to everyone! I really enjoy reading your posts! its a great motivator!!!:smile:

I just completed my first week too.. I also find the protein low. And the sugar. I am always under my calorie allotment but over on protein and sugar. I thought sodium and carbs would be my down fall too. I am 55 and have to lose 30 pounds.

susan
This discussion has been closed.