Stuffed Chicken

Options
mommy2ans
mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
What would be some good things to put inside chicken to bake it?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil, pepper... mmmm

~Leash :heart:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If you like feta, it is really good stuffed inside chicken.
  • mommy2ans
    Options
    If you like feta, it is really good stuffed inside chicken.

I have heard that. Idk that I have ever tasted Feta...hmm.
  • golddogs
    golddogs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese is a great low fat/cal option!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    They actually had a stuffed chicken recipe on Rachel Ray this morning:

Salt and pepper
    4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
    6 ounces cream cheese, softened
    3 tablespoons pimientos, finely chopped
    1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
    3 teaspoons paprika, divided
    1 cup breadcrumbs
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Combine the cream cheese with pimientos, garlic and 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 palmful. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons paprika with breadcrumbs on a dish and place dish near stovetop. Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mix on each piece of chicken. Roll chicken up and secure with 2 toothpicks then roll each piece in breadcrumbs.

You could use reduced fat cream cheese, and eliminate the salt to save sodium, and I read on another post that cereal is better than bread crumbs because it doesn't absorb as much oil in cooking.

The full meal included some mashed sweet potatoes and green beans. Here is a link to the recipe.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/pimiento-cheese-stuffed-chicken-sweet-smashed-sweet-potatoes-and-steamed-green-beans/
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese is a great low fat/cal option!

I've had chicken stuffed with laughing cow and ham, pretty much chicken cordon blue. I'm not s fan of chicken cordon blue, but if you are you should try it.
  • CrystalT
    Options
    You could use reduced fat cream cheese, and eliminate the salt to save sodium, and I read on another post that cereal is better than bread crumbs because it doesn't absorb as much oil in cooking.

I wonder if laughing cow would work here, too......
  • passionhi
    Options
    bump
  • mommy2ans
    Options
    I'm a pineapple freak........would cheese and pineapples be totally gross together in something like this?
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    :smile: tag for later.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I'm a pineapple freak........would cheese and pineapples be totally gross together in something like this?

Sounds kinda gross but who cares! If you like it thats all that matters, give it a try, why not?!

~Leash :heart:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

no I don't think so, I think it'd be DELICIOUS! throw some cilatnro with it and num num!
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    I've got a great one that I do!

for 1 bonless skinless chicken breast...

3-4 tbsp frozen spinach (ring it out good to get out as much moisture as youcan)
    1 oz white cheese (any kind out want) could prob sub. cottege cheese if you want
    a few pine nuts (or almonds in a pinch) smash them and toss into spinach

pound out the chicken really well. This will make it extremely tender. put all ingredience onto chicken (just like you would do a buritto) and roll the chicken up. Spray chicken with fat free butter spray (or olive oil, whatever you have) and bake til done. Prob about 30-45 min at 350. (my ovens temp is off so its hard for me to tell you exactly how long!)

package of hollindaise sauce (you can get this in the same area you would buy packages of gravy mix) This sauce is extremely low in calories.
    Make sauce according to directions and pour over chicken AFTER its cooked. Check the calories on it to see just how much you want to use. I usually refrigerate the remainer for other meals. It keeps pretty well for me.

Best served with some type of rice.

Enjoy!
  • sparkler2112
    sparkler2112 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I often stuff chicken breast with fat free cream cheese with diced jalapeno, then wrap it with a strip of turkey bacon...it is SOOOOO YUMMY! :heart: I have also stuffed it with broccoli and low fat cheddar...pretty much anything that will fit will work!
  • lorimiller77
    lorimiller77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought of a "hawaiian" breakfast combo i had a while back. Put a pineapple slice on an english muffin, then a slice of ham, top with a slice of cheddar cheese, broil... it was pretty good so I bet that if you stuffed the chicken with a slice or chunks of pineapple with laughing cow cheese would be yummm
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like to stuff with: (1) Sundried tomatoes and goat cheese, (2) Black olives and goat cheese or (3) Basil/tomato flavored feta cheese.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    pepper jack cheese in chicken is fabulous.

pound out chicken. place pepper jack on chicken and roll. secure with a thick toothpick. rub taco season on outside of chicken breast. place in pan and pour a can of enchilada sauce over it. bake until chicken is done, around 25 minutes at 350.
  • TobyCat
    Options
    Cottage, low fat with fresh or steamed spinich leaves; add some herbs and seasoning.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options

I LOVE ham and pineapple on pizza, so that sounds pretty good to me, actually. Maybe even throw in a slice of ham?
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Okay..so last night I stuffed Chicken Breasts with Fat Free Cream Cheese and Jalepenos. It was amazing. I am thinking about adding Sun-dried tomatoes...however not sure where to find those or what else I could add. Thinking maybe spinach but not sure how you would approach that...Any suggestions on that or ways to use Chicken. My family is not use to so much polutry and theres only so much grilled chicken they will eat! Thanks a bunch! :happy: