Nervous newbie!

Options
Hi Everyone!
Im new to this and was wondering if anyone would have any tips for me? I really need some inspiration and motivation!

I want to get it right this time :)

Thankyou
Sammiloula6 xxx

Replies

• Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    hey most people are friendly on here so dont worry :D as for motivation it really comes from within
  • biwebb
    biwebb Posts: 1
    Options
    I get a big 32 oz water in the morning and refill it at lunch
    then I drink another after work when working out..
    If you dont like water try the crystal light mix in's or Walmart brand are good
    too. This adds flavor so you feel like your drinking fruit punch but zero calories! :smile:
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Log in every day. Even days that don't go so well. It's all about building good habits.
  • brooke_young08
    Options
    I try to log BEFORE I eat (especially dinner) to make sure I am within my calorie goals.

Make it a point to drink water - start early!

Eat your exercise calories - you need them to fuel your day.

ALWAYS log everyday and add inspirational friends. Good luck!
  • ToniaWalkin
    ToniaWalkin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Be realitic with your goals
    Pre plan meals and snacks
    Surround yourself with people that inspire you....avoid celebrating with food (this has done me in soooooo many times)
    add friends or make some on mfp....they secretly keep you honest
  • littlejobo120
    littlejobo120 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

There are so many people here that are willing to offer motivation and support - try and build up a friend network - I've found that helps because you are accountable to other people to a certain extent. Feel free to add me if you like - same goes for anyone else.

Good luck!
  • Arilysal
    Arilysal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi! im new too, let's reach our goals together, im currently using their apps on my HTC and it is great! logging in warns me what to watch out for.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    All of the above for sure! If you have a question, chances are it has been asked before so be sure to check the forums for answers. Welcome! We are all here to support each other. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    my main think is to be 100% HONEST with myself - feel free to look at my diary (its open, even to non-friends) but if you wanna get involved in the craic that goes on within my wall, feel free to add

i am a big belivever that what i do has to be sustainable - if i cant do something for the next 12 months, its not sustainable - i get a lot of low sugar yoghurts at work, but i still leat (although limit levels) bread, rice, pasta etc

For me, the big things to track were SATURATED fat and SODIUM - i like a lot of peanuts etc and they have loads of UNSATURATED fats which, in moderation, are good for you

I have been logging for just over 3 weeks and lost 18lbs so far - was on here before, but had a break up and fell off the wagon - the important thing is to jump back on and continue

for me, this is not a DIET - diets start and stop, and can be fads that arent sustainable, hence the yoyo-effects

anyone can feel free to add away, and remember, what works for me may not work for you
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • emrod83
    emrod83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! Like others have said...this is a great place to get motivations from others who are either in the same boat as you are now or have been there. Just joining MFP is a great first step =) I encourage you to log in your food and exercise everyday as it helps keep you accountable for what you are putting in your mouth. Since you have to log it in, you may be less likely to want to log something in that will keep you from your goal. Also make small goals..... I make two week goals....so every two weeks when I make my goal, I feel excited to keep going! Good luck and feel free to add me as well =)
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Log in every day. Even days that don't go so well. It's all about building good habits.

^^ Agree and feel free to add me ... :flowerforyou:
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Tip - Stop eating out if you do. And don't leave this site no matter what happens. Life always gets in the way.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    HI there,you great alot of support here,just track everything ang exercise.feel free to add me if you wish
  • sammiloula6
    Options
    Thankyou for the tips everyone!

Im actually shocked at how supportive everyone is!! My friends dont really understand and already I think I can see the light just by all your information!

I can do this :)

xx
  • sharonf1983
    sharonf1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    try to plan your meals ahead, Be 100% honest and log everything you put in your mouth plus all of the above and i say your on to a winner . All the best with your journey x