Still have a long way, BUT I hit my goal weight! w/pics

Options
Long story short- My family and I took a vacation in late June. We went camping and then to visit family a few states away where we did nothing but eat yummy, fattening, fair type food. Pizza, Zeppoles, cheeseburgers, etc. When I got back I decided I can't do this anymore. I felt so gross inside and out. We got back on July 3rd. July 4th I started to transform myself by inquiring with a friend who is a beachbody coach and fitness and nutrition personal trainer in the making. She taught me a lot about clean eating, cutting sugar, etc. I have two daughters I need to be healthy for. I was never a really big girl. But after two kids, the weight I gained settled and never left my mid section and lower body. I started out at 128lbs when we got back from vacation. I had no muscle toning etc. July 12th, I decided to dust off the JM 30 DS dvd and get MOVING! I took my before pictures, which I had lost almost 6 lbs just from eating pretty clean. 1 week after starting JM I a friend let me borrow her old Turbo Jam DVDs. So for 4 1/2 weeks straight I have been doing JM and 1 or 2 TJ workouts every single day (minus 1 rest day a week- always wednesday). I ordered Turbo Fire and it just got here Saturday. I decided today, monday, I would start it according to the class schedule. Here I am 1 month and 1 day later and I hit my goal weight, see definition STARTING, and am ready to turn it up a notch! Turbo Fire here I come. I will be a rockin' hot, HEALTHY momma!

Here was July 12th:
[img]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/CortneysPhotos/Fitness Progress/beginning.jpg[/img]

and this morning Aug. 13th:
[img]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/CortneysPhotos/Fitness Progress/1monthIN.jpg[/img]

PS: I KNOW I will gain "weight" from muscle mass when I get it. Im not concerned about the # at this point now that I hit my goal starting weight. I just want to be a lean, toned, healthy mom from this point foward!

Replies

• CanonMom413
    Options
    In addition to Turbo Fire, I want to incorporate something at home to help even further with my lower body (butt, thighs and calves). Any suggestions to help with those specific areas? Or will certain workouts in TF target those areas too?
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow! i am seriously impressed. i can see it it your bum & your inner thighs definitely-- and your stomach looks so much tighter!! well done! i'm JM 6 week 6 pack & i do pilates (reforming) 1 day a week. looking at you i might need to check out this turbo stuff! looking great mama!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You look great!! How exactly did you cut the sugar? That is a huge issue for me. My husband isn't the problem either b/c hes not a sweets person but my sweet tooth is huge :/.
  • marniuk
    marniuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic but don't lose anymore...x
  • Janel1978
    Janel1978 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic!:smile:
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    wow! i am seriously impressed. i can see it it your bum & your inner thighs definitely-- and your stomach looks so much tighter!! well done! i'm JM 6 week 6 pack & i do pilates (reforming) 1 day a week. looking at you i might need to check out this turbo stuff! looking great mama!

I think I love it so much because its SO fun!
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can really see the difference. Great job, you look fantastic!
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    You look great!! How exactly did you cut the sugar? That is a huge issue for me. My husband isn't the problem either b/c hes not a sweets person but my sweet tooth is huge :/.

I have a HUGE sweet tooth too. I eat lots of sweet fruits throughout the day to cut the sweet tooth during my most active times. I actually dont even think about it unless I give my daugthers' a graham cracker or animal cookie or something. I bit my tongue, stuff a few grapes in my mouth and Im satisfied. The BIGGEST thing is do not deprive your self. You WILL binge. If I am craving chocolate, I will grab a small piece of chocolate. I just will have to drink another glass of water and cut out the calories to balance it. If I don't satisfy my cravings and ignore it, I know that 1 piece will turn to a whole bar etc.
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    you look fantastic but don't lose anymore...x

Not planning on it! I am done. I am ready to just be lean and tone it up! Im no longer concerned about the number. I am concerned about inches and MUSCLE! I want to be strong and fit!
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    You're a pear, just like me!
    I hope to look like this at some point soon, you've given me hope!
    You've done brilliantly deary :)
  • CanonMom413
    Options

Thanks! I swear pear shaped bodies are so difficult because you are trying to target the largest group of muscles. Because it is the largest, it takes longer too. It will totally pay off though. Im not there yet. Like I mentioned, I still have a long way to go, but it feels good to know i am doing "something"
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options

Thanks! I swear pear shaped bodies are so difficult because you are trying to target the largest group of muscles. Because it is the largest, it takes longer too. It will totally pay off though. Im not there yet. Like I mentioned, I still have a long way to go, but it feels good to know i am doing "something"

We do have very difficult bodies ay.. sometimes makes you lose motivation cause results come slow usually! I've got the little belly at the bottom myself since I had my daughter, very slowly disappearing. Again, you've given hope and hope the toning goes well! x
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    Awesome job girl!!!
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    Awesome job girl!!!

Thanks! I am determined! I know it will take time but you have inspired me too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!