Struggling

Options
So I started out about a year and a half ago being 210. My parents as well were overweight. We all started eating healthy, and well I lost 50 pounds and ended up at 160. By that point my parents were done losing weight, and have slowly started going back to old habits. I also have a loving boyfriend that likes to cook, and its not the healthy cooking. I have noticed I've slowly started going up on the scale, and am now at 170. Plus, I am about to start my first year of college, so I'm terrified by the freshman 15. I just don't know what to do anymore. I would love to be 120, but I don't know how to make that happen. Help?

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Well, it sucks to hear but will power is the secret. Freshman 15 is only an issue if you let it be an issue. I'm in college too so you are welcome to add me for support. I can totally understand how hard it is to say no when everyone around you is skinny without even seeming like they try!
  • michelle2482
    michelle2482 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I gained most of my Freshman 15 eating the endless buffet of desserts in the dining halls. My only advice is... stay away! :) It's also really easy to stay active in college, with "free" gyms and intramural sports. Keep these options in mind, they may be great stress relievers too.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    eat less
  • 69saab
    69saab Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "I just don't know what to do anymore. I would love to be 120, but I don't know how to make that happen"
    Yes you do.... You made it happen once. Do now what you did then. Get away from the "Old Habits".
    It's just time to re-focus.
    Good Luck
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    terrified about the freshman 15? good. use that fear to control your eating habits and make exercise a part of your routine to cope with stress.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    In order for weight loss to remain permanent, it has to be a lifestyle change instead of a diet. It has to be maintained once you reach the desired weight.

Once you come to terms with that, then the decision to stop eating garbage food is already made.

Getting into a daily exercise routine will also help.

Good luck and think positive! Don't dread change ~ embrace it!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    take a fun cooking class with your man!!!!!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you are too muscular for 120? I recently realized that I have to reevaluate my goals because I don't think my goal is obtainable without muscle loss.

Maybe you should stop focusing on the scale. Continue exercising and watching your diet and lifting. You will be fine.

* I have no idea how tall you are or your body type so I have no idea what you should weigh. This is just my best guess based on your profile picture.