Introduce Myself

Options
62 years old and need to lose 80 lbs. Just found this site. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• peliatha
    peliatha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am Peliatha. I am 56 years old and need to lose around 60 pounds. It seems to be harder to lose now. I seem to need more motivation to stick to it this time around. I lost over 120 pounds when I was 30 years old and stayed slim until recently. Any ideas? I am trying to stick to 1200 calories a day, walking for 30 minutes and eating foods from the Eat Clean Diet. So far, I have lost 6 pounds in the last 30 days.
  • marniuk
    marniuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome newbies, I'm also a newbie to the message boards. Been using my mfp app on my mobile which is fantastic. I do miss the support though so hoping to make new freinds to chat with. I'm 36 years young, married with 3 boys. The youngest has severe learning disabilities, a lot of hard work and stress, but wouldn't change it for the world. I comfort eat A LOT but have been dieting (every diet known to man) for many many years, only to get bigger, not smaller.

I've managed to lose 5 1b so far....just a drop in the ocean compared to the amount I need to lose....any way, feel free to add me as a freind. :) xx
  • maxzen
    maxzen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 and I need to loose 30 pounds. I had gastric by-pass surgery in 2004 and lost approximately 125 pounds. Although I've keep most of the weight off I've re-gained about twenty-five pounds over the last eight years. Since turning 40 it's been a lot harder to loose weight. But the key to all weight loss is eating right in conjuction with working out. I'm doing Insanity (started Aug. 6th) and walking my dog everyday. I'm eating 5-6 small meals a day and cutting out all sodas, eating lean/high protein meats, and just eating healthy period. I've been trying to loose this 25 pounds for the last three years and couldn't seem to get there. I am determined to Just Do It! this time.
  • peliatha
    peliatha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Marniuk,
    I really understand stress eating. My daughter was born with a congenital heart defect. I weighed 113 pounds when she was born and I weighed 218 pounds when she was 9 months old. I stayed large for about 10 years topping off at a weight of 289 pounds. I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost down to 120 pounds. It was easy and I was happy. I only recently put the weight back on. Now that I am 56, I tried the Atkins diet again and actually gained weight. Good luck! And you can add me as a friend.
  • marniuk
    marniuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    aw, thanks, we are now friends...so we support each other and become nice and slim for christmas, or next christmas where I'm concerned lol x