AMAZING Vanilla Bean Scones - 56 Cal!

Options
mulcahya
mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
Ah! I love scones, found this recipe and modified it slightly so it's only 56 Cal per mini-scone!!!

Ingredients:
- 225g self-raising flour (I used gluten-free)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 50g margarine (I used flora light)
- 12.5 sachets Stevia sachets (or any form of sweetener to equate to 1/4 cup sugar or 12.5 tsp)
- Pinch salt
- 100mL skim milk (I used pura light)
- 1tbsp vanilla extract (not essence)

Method:
- Preheat oven to 220 Celsius (450F)
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl
- Add margarine and rub it in to form a bread-crumb like consistency
- Stir in the Stevia and salt
- In a jug, whisk an egg and add skim milk to make up 150mL (approximately 100mL skim milk)
- Stir vanilla extract into jug
- Pour most of the vanilla-egg mixture into flour mix, leave approximately 2 tablespoons in the jug
- Mix the vanilla-egg mixture into the flour mix with a knife, and when it starts to come together, use your hands to form a ball
- If the dough is too sticky, add a small amount of flour (should be soft but not too sticky)
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and roll out to a depth of ~2cm
- Cut rounds (I used a shot-glass to cut out small rounds) and place on a greased baking tray
- Brush the top of each scone with the remaining vanilla-egg mixture
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just risen and golden in colour

Serve with jam, strawberries, or cream (those calories not included!)

Serves: 20

Nutritional information per scone (based on 20 mini scones per recipe):
- Calories: 56
- Carbs: 11
- Fat: 1
- Protein: 1
- Sodium: 6
- Sugar: 1

I ate mine with Anathoth Raspberry Jam and Woolworths Select Light Whipped Creme which added 17.5 Cal per scone. Enjoy how you like!

This recipe turned out amazingly, the best scones I've ever made. I love my scones, so happy to come across a recipe that I can enjoy guilt-free :) Will definitely be making these regularly!

Hope you enjoy :)

Replies