Exercise ideas?

Options
I posted a topic about running a few weeks ago. I am a newbie at running, been having a go and my knees are hurting so bad. Does anyone have any other exercises they do to tone up. Had my daughter 14 months ago and im wanting to tone my legs, bum and stomach. Well actually everywhere if possible I have lost 14lb, but still have another 20lb to go.
Thanks xx

Replies

• dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Slim in 6 DVD workouts? They're great and loaded with TONS of squats and lunges. I was sore for days afterward but it's amazing how quickly your thighs and legs get so strong. I'd recommend that one. :)
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes ill have to try this. Im just useless with running. I seem to get more injuries with it. Some people are so brilliant at running. Can you do it?? Is it called slim in 6 dvds? Ill have to look it up xx
  • joanrobinson2012
    Options
    Have you tried cycling? You could put your daughter in either a bike mounted seat or in a trailer you pull. i can't run because of knee issues but cycling causes me no trouble at all.

Great exercise and fun with the bonus that it will definitely tone legs, thighs and abs.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh yeah i could do that. Never thought about doing that! She would love that aswell :-) I need to really tone up and cycling really targets legs and bums x
  • Smrhoads
    Smrhoads Posts: 31
    Options
    walk! walking is great. I lost 30 pounds just walking 30 minutes a day. just make sure you get your heart rate in the 80% of max so you are in fat burn mode.