Beach wave sprays

Options
TXHunny84
TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
Have any of you tried the beach wave sprays or sea salt texturizer sprays to try to get mermaid/ beach waves in your hair? I have straight as a board hair that is fine. I am trying to find one that WILL work without buying 20 different brands first. Has anyone else with super straight hair (no wave to it, doesn't like to hold curl) found one that works??

Thanks

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have two favourite products for this, depending on what your taste is.

I really like Aussie Sprunch Spray. It's an aeresol-type spray, I use it on wet hair, you spray it on and then scrunch up your hair from the bottom and let it air dry. I found it very effective for emulating the wavy look, and my hair is quite straight, naturally! Also, I think it smells really good, which is always a plus.

The other is Redken styling paste. I had an older version that was a mousse, but this works as well. Basically, you put it on your hair, twist strands of hair, and let it air dry, and it holds it.

Hope this helps!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    bumble and bumble
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I personally don't like the bumble and bumble. I finally splurged and got it with my birthday money this summer, and it made my hair feel weird: sticky and dried out (and I have really healthy hair). I will be returning mine.

I know it works for lots of women, but I do better just french braiding mine and spraying actual salt water on it (I do the french brraids around my crown and part and work them over the sides to the back) and sleeping in it. But mine is naturally wavy, not stick straight, so that may not work for yours.
  • TXHunny84
    Options
    I have two favourite products for this, depending on what your taste is.

I really like Aussie Sprunch Spray. It's an aeresol-type spray, I use it on wet hair, you spray it on and then scrunch up your hair from the bottom and let it air dry. I found it very effective for emulating the wavy look, and my hair is quite straight, naturally! Also, I think it smells really good, which is always a plus.

The other is Redken styling paste. I had an older version that was a mousse, but this works as well. Basically, you put it on your hair, twist strands of hair, and let it air dry, and it holds it.

Hope this helps!

I think I will try the Aussie Sprunch Spray! :) Do you have to continue to keep sprunching your hair until it's totally dried?... Or will it hold?
  • TXHunny84
    Options
    I personally don't like the bumble and bumble. I finally splurged and got it with my birthday money this summer, and it made my hair feel weird: sticky and dried out (and I have really healthy hair). I will be returning mine.

I know it works for lots of women, but I do better just french braiding mine and spraying actual salt water on it (I do the french brraids around my crown and part and work them over the sides to the back) and sleeping in it. But mine is naturally wavy, not stick straight, so that may not work for yours.

If only i could french braid my hair.... I love french braids! I have tried to learn a dozen times but to no avil. :-/
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options

If only i could french braid my hair.... I love french braids! I have tried to learn a dozen times but to no avil. :-/

I can't do a picture here, but I will link a site of what I'm talking about. It's much easier working around the crown.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-French-Braid-Headband