LUNG CANCER SURVIVOR SUPPORT & MOTIVATION

Options
I am hoping to find other lung cancer survivors for motivation and support.
I am a three time cancer survivor (skin, bone and lung) who desperately needs to get back into shape. After my lung cancer treatment (lobectomy, chemo and radiation), I gained over 50 lbs. The radiation damaged my thyroid and I am on levothyroxin. I have a bone graft (tibia) and osteoporosis and take calctonin. Due to the bone graft, I cannot run, jump, etc. I recently had a TIA (mini stroke) and was advised I needed less stress, a better diet and to exercise more. I have a sedentary office job with a lot of stress and find, when I get home, I feel completely drained. I just joined curves and attend a weekly yoga class. I just joined myfitnesspal and hope this is the beginning of a new life for me.

Replies

• KiwiKim25
    KiwiKim25 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally gone through the battle, but many people close to me have. While I can't offer advice, I just wanted to say YOU ROCK, and are an inspiration. :)
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've beaten bigger challenges, so that fighting spirit will suit you well on your fitness journey. Stay strong! Perhaps cycling/spinning would be a nice low-impact cardio option for you?

Good luck!
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    God Bless You! You are such an inspirations and your story will reach millions. Please add me as a friend!!