That magic number "50"

Options
I have no idea why 50 is such a magic number, but it is so true. I've been losing quite steadily and luckily for myself rather than anyone else, or I would have been discouraged by the total seeming lack of anyone noticing. Now that I have hit 47 pounds lost, and gotten right near that 50 pound loss mark, everyone I see is noticing and telling me how much thinner I look. I always heard people say it was about 50 pounds when yourself and others would really start to notice and boy is it true! I had a friend take a current picture the other day...waiting to get it and then I can do a before and after shot.

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is a huge change. Keep on going. The progress always seems so slow but you re doing great.
  • Roseysue
    Roseysue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Even 40 lbs is a great success!! Keep up the good work!!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well done, are you going to post the before and after pics?
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    "50" is a "clink" over on the doctor's scales (50-100-150-200).....of course it's a magic number! the little "whizzzzz" on the doctor's scales of single pounds (1-2-3-4-5) doesn't make the big sound like that of the "CLINK!!!!"....awesome!!
  • SawyersMomma85
    Options
    You're doing great! You are an inspiration to me. Would love to see some before/after pics :)
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'll post pics as soon as I get them...and My doctor has a digital scale lol...no clinks
  • IrenieL
    IrenieL Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great ! I can not wait to get to where you are!!!!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    congrats!!
  • yougojo170
    Options
    WTG! Keep up the great work!!! I am looking forward to hitting that magic number one day also!
  • kaaatherine
    kaaatherine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    A big giant 47lb congratulations to you!!! WOW
  • GardaniaM
    GardaniaM Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's great. I hope you are going to celebrate/treat yourself to something awesome =)
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I think any number that ends in zero is a milestone but in increments of 50 is a biggie. I oved the comment about the clink. Maybe you could ask the Nurse at your Doctor's office to drop a quarter in an empty jar. Then you get that clinkc sound. :love: :laugh:
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I think any number that ends in zero is a milestone but in increments of 50 is a biggie. I oved the comment about the clink. Maybe you could ask the Nurse at your Doctor's office to drop a quarter in an empty jar. Then you get that clinkc sound. :love: :laugh:

Aw, heck, just change doctors. :wink: The clink is a marvelous thing and hat tip to you for getting there. Can't wait to see the pics.
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    please share your current photo
    47 pounds is such a success story to me who is struggling with one pound
    you are the magic
    50 is just a number
    congrats
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • cindergirl73
    Options
    Can't wait to see the comparison!!
  • babyblue1333
    babyblue1333 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! well done!
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I can't wait to get there myself :flowerforyou:
  • ZombieMercy
    ZombieMercy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    "50" is a "clink" over on the doctor's scales (50-100-150-200).....of course it's a magic number! the little "whizzzzz" on the doctor's scales of single pounds (1-2-3-4-5) doesn't make the big sound like that of the "CLINK!!!!"....awesome!!

Can't wait for that "clink" :happy: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!