Fruits and Veggies

Options
My system is not able to process raw fruits or vegetables. I have eat them cooked or drink them. Does anyone else have this problem and if so how do you deal with it. I get a little heat from people because I don't eat them and drink them instead. Did try a juicer and had the same problem. What is the difference between juicing and the can

Replies

• Music4Hym777
    Music4Hym777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My first question would be, what happens when you do eat them raw? Is it an allergy, intolerance, sensitivity? I get it. It could be one of the nutrients in there that is causing you some grief that is modified when cooked. I know for awhile raw apples caused me some major issues when I would eat them raw, but not when they were cooked. Are you consuming enough fruits and veggies in a day? Can you try making them into a smoothie?

Hang in there!
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    When I eat them my stomach becomes swollen and hard. Then I get really gassy and severe stomach pains. Recently found out that I am lactose intolerant (at least the pills help with this but not the other) and severe acid reflux. They recommended V8 Fusion and low sodium V8. The doctors just keep saying I have a sensitive system.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating one type at a time/per day to narrow down which one is doing it?

I can't eat raw broccoli for the same reason anymore. Certain foods can cause issues.

You could also try something like beano before eating fruits and veggies to see if that helps. The gas is most likely what is causing the stomach pains.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Tried everything for a year I would keep changing the fruits and veggies I eat but no matter what I ate unless cooked or a can of juice, got sick everytime.

Since it has been so hot here, I am really missing a nice huge salad with green peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots...YUMMY!
  • eboothby
    eboothby Posts: 24
    Options
    I have read on here some people do baby food. I am not sure if that will help or not.